Texas Brehs and Brehettes how y’all handling this winter storm?

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
From what I've been hearing a lot of power plants in texas have been falling offline because of frozen gas lines.

Power plants especially older ones in Texas are not built to perform well in these cold temperatures. It's like keeping your house pipes from freezing but this time way worse since a power plant has miles of pipe with liquid in them of differing freezing temperatures. If one section freezes which can happen very easily then the whole plant may come to a standstill and then stop producing electricity. And guess what else, most power plants can not start backup on their own, many plants require a grid with enough margin to turn back on.

Which brings me to another point, why the hell does Texas have their own power grid?!?? ERCOTS (Electric Reliability Council of Texas).

I mean I actually know why, they didn't want to abide by federal regulations and I guess texas cacs wanted to have a real chance to pump fake on secession back in the 70s but if they shared a grid with their neighboring states y'all would have power by now. The northeast and mid-atlantic grids share power during the stormy winter months all the time.

1280px-NERC-map-en.svg.png

what wiki page is that map on

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You must've had Pepco..:mjgrin: Because I was still living in MoCo in 2010 and was never without power.

Power outtage in this area be weird as fukk.

I was living in Moco, on Georgia, slightly before Randolph.

My complex didn't have power, but the other did.

Same shiit the summer off 03 or 04. I was in PG then, member we had a storm. My complex outta power for a week. But all the other complex had their power.

Or the worst shiit if you live on the DC/MD border. No powr5 on the MD side, right across the street on the DC side, they got power.:stopitslime:

Now I live back in NW, and never have to worry bout power again

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Dfw garland to be exact tbh they might do a 2nd round of outages so I'm expecting it to go off....damn breh 26 hours? Where you at....hang in there bro

I live in Garland too and my power went off at 10am yesterday and never came back. As far as I know it's still out. We drove out to my cousin house in Arlington and stayed the night out there. Garland has it's own independent grid, they high ass utility bills and they can't keep the power on. :stopitslime:

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
Lights were out for about 6 hours. Surprised they just came back on.