Texas Brehs and Brehettes how y’all handling this winter storm?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The worst thing, there is going to be some unfortunate deaths.. every time there’s mass power outages in winter, people die from carbon dioxide poisoning from sitting in their car to get warm in their garage, then falling asleep

Its everyone fault but the government and wealthy :martin:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ed Hirs, an energy fellow in the Department of Economics at the University of Houston, blamed the failures on the state’s deregulated power system, which doesn’t provide power generators with the returns needed to invest in maintaining and improving power plants.

“The ERCOT grid has collapsed in exactly the same manner as the old Soviet Union,” said Hirs. “It limped along on underinvestment and neglect until it finally broke under predictable circumstances.

“For more than a decade, generators have not been able to charge what it costs them to produce electricity,” said Hirs. “If you don’t make a return on your money, how can you keep it up? It’s like not taking care of your car. If you don’t change the oil and tires, you can’t expect your car to be ready to evacuate, let alone get you to work.”

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
no hot water for me.
worst feeling. went through it during the polar vortex. i had to stay across town and go to my crib everyday for a week just to turn on the water.

it was not only the coldest temps I've ever witnessed but power outage for a week. a real hell on earth.
I don’t even live near TX, and I’m legit tight about this shyt. People being forced to go 10+ hours with no electricity in freezing temps? :gucci:

Several people need to be fired over this shyt. It’s fukking unacceptable.
bruh the infastructure is not build for winter. if gas pipelines froze

this is a bigger issue than some might think

having to winter proof cities that don't go below certain temps normally might be on the board for the near future.

Climate change has already happened and I don't see it turning back.

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
This was posted by someone in the Coli tho. :sas2:

"This is unprecedented weather right now. One region of Tx can withstand an extreme weather but the entire state can't. You have to conduct rolling blackouts. Has nothing to do with rich people."

That was my quote and I live down the street from this area. They power has been on and off also. Everybody getting this action in Tx boss. Plus this area is still recovering from the Oct 2019 tornado. There are a crazy amount of open lots goin for big $$.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
The roads up here in MA were brutal last night. When I was heading home, the amount of cars crashed on the side and spun out in opposite directions was crazy. I was going no more than 10mph on an off ramp for the exit to head home, and both the truck in front of me and myself started having our breaks lock and sliding. The next vehicle behind me was an 18 wheeler.:damn:.

Thankfully other people were going slow and the 18 wheeler was reasonably behind me.

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
:blessed:Power came back at 2 am
Lesson learned next time ill be better prepared

Where are you in the state? It's been 26 hrs with no power for me and honestly I'm struggling here. Generators were all sold out, hotels all booked. It's 15 degrees in my house right now. I'm just praying my pipes don't burst.