Texas Brehs and Brehettes how y’all handling this winter storm?

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Should have invested in rock salt. The national electric grid. Winterizing power lines and windmills. But no, Republicans want to be anti everything and edgelords. That's their whole platform. Nothing about actually progressing anything and being prepared. They wait until the shyt hits the fan.

No progression and a push for privatization means they get kickbacks from their friends when they award them government contracts.

Then when the private companies fail they can complain and file for government subsidized grants and get bailed out

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
No progression and a push for privatization means they get kickbacks from their friends when they award them government contracts.

Then when the private companies fail they can complain and file for government subsidized grants and get bailed out

Yeah that's fukked up but you got the entire state literally freezing their balls off something gotta change now...:francis:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Yeah that's fukked up but you got the entire state literally freezing their balls off something gotta change now...:francis:

• These guys don't care and the cacs that vote them in religiously don't care either :snoop:.

When it's a hurricane the first thing they say is help your neighbors not don't worry the people we pay to help you will be there. Same shyt different weather conditions :francis:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
If you don't crank your engine occasionally it will kill your battery and alternator, especially in the cold. Run your engine for at least 10 minutes everyday bro.
Yeah no

That is not true:dead:

Newer vehicles have it where some can't just sit for a week or so without being crunk up

No there is NO functional vehicle that u need to start everyday or it will kill your battery and altenator:dead:

If you vehicle is like that you have a bad battery or your alternator is going bad:dead:

And that ain't even what the topic was:heh:

It was that u had to warm your engine up for 10 mins to get it to operate properly :deadrose:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yeah no

That is not true:dead:

Newer vehicles have it where some can't just sit for a week or so without being crunk up

No there is NO functional vehicle that u need to start everyday or it will kill your battery and altenator:dead:

If you vehicle is like that you have a bad battery or your alternator is going bad:dead:

And that ain't even what the topic was:heh:

It was that u had to warm your engine up for 10 mins to get it to operate properly :deadrose:

Bro that is VERY true, the fukk are you talking about. :mjlol:

I'm an electrician bro, do I need to explain to you how electricity works in a DC circuit and the effects cold weather has on it. Extreme cold over an extended period of time will DRAIN the charge out of your battery, alternator, and starter.

You are correct about not needing to run the engine for 10-30 minutes before driving, but your cars battery will absolutely die within 48 hours in temperatures this low, I know because I just had to jump my SUV because it had been off the last 3 days and the battery was dead. My 2018 F150 was damn near at the same point and it had only been off a day. Don't spread misinformation trying to sound like a smartass bro.

March Madness

All Star
Daps
I live in Garland too and my power went off at 10am yesterday and never came back. As far as I know it's still out. We drove out to my cousin house in Arlington and stayed the night out there. Garland has it's own independent grid, they high ass utility bills and they can't keep the power on. :stopitslime:

im back and forth between Oak Cliff and Downtown
i aint got power at either one lol

my shyt went off at 10am yesterday...came back at 5pm,
stayed on a hour...went off again another 6-7 hours

Power JUST came back at 9am after being off all fukking night
only positive is the temperature creep into the low 20's today

nikka how im suppose to battle this shyt without electricity?
nikka its 5 degrees outside i need the Big Heater on and 2-3 portables minimum

These nikkas light up the skyline and make it pretty every week:

EQOig27WsAAMCz7.jpg

i dont wanna hear this Conserve the Grid shyt.

NETS play the LAKERS this week i better have power when they do

we puttin them Big Energy nikkas to the guillotine when this shyt over with

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Got a room locked in, can't check in til after 3. Still no power, that makes 32 hours in my neighborhood. I'm actually gonna start a petition directed at Oncor and ERCOT. People can't let this shyt slide, it's gotta be consequences for this shyt.

I'll post the link when I'm done with the petition

Good looks @dtownreppin214 on the hotel search too

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama

Yeah y'all gonna need to get to work after this shyt passes on that power grid out there....:francis: no reason y'all should be having power issues when y'all shyt isn't that serious like we get out here in NYC...:what: Da fukk is your politicians doing out there????

It's crazy how Texas wasn't prepared for this, now yeah Brownsville, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston getting snow is rare but Dallas and especially up towards Amarillo where they get blizzards from time to time isn't the most uncommon occurrence. Texas is a wild ass state for weather and it's irresponsible for the people in charge to not adjust and be ready for all modes of bad weather.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I'm an electrician bro, do I need to explain to you how electricity works in a DC circuit and the effects cold weather has on it. Extreme cold over an extended period of time will DRAIN the charge out of your battery, alternator, and starter.

This happened with my 08' charger the battery was fukked up and I had to get a new one when that storm hit shyt would not turn over whatsoever...:francis:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
This happened with my 08' charger the battery was fukked up and I had to get a new one when that storm hit shyt would not turn over whatsoever...:francis:

The cold will turn the acid in the battery thick which will make it much harder for the starter to start the car. After a while the energy cells in the battery will completely lose their charge and given how cold it is the alternator and the starter won't be strong enough to bring it back without an outside force to give it a boost aka a jump start.

Old boy has no idea what he is talking about, you should definitely run your car at least 10-20 minutes just to keep the battery from dying, otherwise you gonna be trying to jump it in the freezing cold weather.