Texas Brehs and Brehettes how y’all handling this winter storm?

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I got a 4G T-Mobile phone and a 5g T-Mobile phone

The data is working on the 4g phone but not the 5g

And my internet is out at the house

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
It snows enough to need a generator though? Not being smart, I honestly don’t know. I have a friend that lives in a Dallas, but she has never mentioned something this bad. Her power is currently off.
I've been in Houston 8 years, lived in Dallas majority of my life. This is the first time in my life I've seen anything like this. In Dallas it usually snows once or twice a year but not enough for black outs. It's mainly the ice on the roads, highways, etc. In Houston, this is the second time we've had snow since I've been here but this is the first where power is going out for people. This is the first time snow has had this type of effect on the entire state at the same time.

Majority of people regardless of race don't have generators.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
how do yall drive in that stuff? Or does the city do a good job keeping streets clear?
driving on snow really isn't that bad. you just can't be screaming around corners and turns.

as far as ice for the brehs saying us northerners aren't driving on untreated roads are wrong. depending on the city which changes every ten minutes your on the road :skip:

the roads can be pretreated and you'll see snowplows out and about. that's what high taxes will do for you. and even those cities will get caught with their pants down sometimes with the storms that will drop 8-10 inches overnight. most cities prioritize their main roads and those side streets will be :merchant: status until much later in the day

worst driving situation I got caught in this winter wasn't even a storm. just the perfect snow consistency that was extremely slick in the city my grandmother lives in. A light snowfall that usually doesn't affect driving so they didn't resalt the roads that day. I got off the highway and every single turn I was taking was like tokyo drift:pachaha:but everyone was driving slow and giving eachother a lot of space. impatience and bad weather driving do not mix. its truly not hard though, you get used to it like anything else its just hard for yall cus it happens once in a blue moon