Texas Brehs and Brehettes how y’all handling this winter storm?

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Damn really? :snoop:

Abbot gotta do something man if this shyt gets worse :huhldup:

From what I've been hearing a lot of power plants in texas have been falling offline because of frozen gas lines.

Power plants especially older ones in Texas are not built to perform well in these cold temperatures. It's like keeping your house pipes from freezing but this time way worse since a power plant has miles of pipe with liquid in them of differing freezing temperatures. If one section freezes which can happen very easily then the whole plant may come to a standstill and then stop producing electricity. And guess what else, most power plants can not start backup on their own, many plants require a grid with enough margin to turn back on.

Which brings me to another point, why the hell does Texas have their own power grid?!?? ERCOTS (Electric Reliability Council of Texas).

I mean I actually know why, they didn't want to abide by federal regulations and I guess texas cacs wanted to have a real chance to pump fake on secession back in the 70s but if they shared a grid with their neighboring states y'all would have power by now. The northeast and mid-atlantic grids share power during the stormy winter months all the time.

1280px-NERC-map-en.svg.png

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

This real shyt though

My car hit me with the “Turn A/C Off, Engine Overheating” Error :francis:

People really believe that too

:dead:

No your engine doesn't not need heat/warm up
:dead:

U literally just burning ya gas:dead:
:yes:

Warm up engine myth busted with Scotty Kilmer. Should you warm up your car's engine before driving? Warming up your car in the winter myth busted DIY. There are many myths about warming up an engine, and I'll tell you the truth about the matter. DIY car repair with Scotty Kilmer, an auto mechanic for the last 50 years.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Pretty good thread on the power situation in texas' grid. They have a 69 Gigawatt demand but 26 Gigawatts of thermal (ie power plants fueled by gas heat) and 4 Gigawatts of wind offline. Figured I'd pull these numbers since a lot of shills on twitter went straight to blaming wind power