Terrence Howard Does Not Think 1x1 equals 1

Daps
If you round down 1X1 can equal 2

My finance heads know what I'm talking about here. I hate when folks ask you to show stuff in integers and then get mad when the numbers don't add up.
1 and 0 are two of the weirdest numbers in quant, which is why most people say avoid using those numbers for solving word problems.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
What is this number by itself "2"? Its 2. If you put "x 0" how does it get to erase the 2 number that was there before it?
I can guarantee all of you had trouble with that concept as a kid. I guess you guys have bought into the idea that 0 is like a spade when you play cards,and we will reword,ignore everything else to make that 0 make sense:mjlol:

Multiplication is just fast addition.

Think of it as adding groups of things together quickly, rather than taking the time to add all the individual things together.

Say you have 4 storage units, each with 100 boxes in each.

That's 400, right?

See how you didn't have to do 100 + 100 + 100 +100 = 400? It's 4 instances of 100 boxes, or 100 four times.

If you have NO storage units with no boxes, it's like saying "what if I had four storage units filled with 100 boxes" :ohhh:

Doesn't matter nikka, because you ain't got no storage units. :russ:

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Pro tip.

When multiplying by zero, always think of the zero coming first and representing nothing.

Therefore nothing times any "something" will always remain nothing. The "something" doesn't go away because it never existed. The zero or "nothing" is being multiplied x times, which always results in more of nothing.

Is math really that hard for people? I still see struggle logic on social media a ton. Simple equations like 6%2(1+2) = ? People throw out all kinds of numbers and I can't understand how or what they've been taught to get to their respective conclusions.

I sincerely hope this wasn't needed.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
:laff: To be fair to the homie, most of us just learn math by rote and copy the method to arrive at the answer that won't get a big ass red X next to our answer :mjlol:
Unless you were an engineer major, most of us just stuck those numbers in the correct place in the quadratic formula in college algebra and kept it moving. We ain't know Why that shyt worked:dead: Then they hit you with "imaginary numbers" :skip:
I'm just saying :laff:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
“How can it equal one?” he said. “If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what’s the square root of two? Should be one, but we’re told it’s two, and that cannot be.” This did not go over well, he says, and he soon left school. “I mean, you can’t conform when you know innately that something is wrong.”
:dahell: