Terrence Howard Does Not Think 1x1 equals 1

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you reading what I'm saying or no? I'm clearly giving you a different perspective to look at things from...trying to make you understand why people are challenging it... I'm not saying it's right or wrong
I read it.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
giphy.gif

fukk yall mayne

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
1 basket + 1 apple = 2 things

but 1 basket x 1 apple = 1 thing ???

By your logic 1 basket + 1 apple should equal 1 (basket or apple)

shyt aint adding up mayne
:comeon:
We're not counting basket nor things. The basket is just a metaphor to illustrate a grouping of apples. It's virtual. That's it. The basket is a metaphor to make you realize we're talking about a GROUPING.
So if you got 1 GROUPING of ONE apple you have ONE apple. Come on man. Say you're playing :damn:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I never even thought about any of this shyt until now. I get what y’all are saying of course, but let’s say you already have 2 of something and you multiply that 0 times...you still have the 2, so I can see how that can make people challenge the rule.
You don't multiply that 0 times... You mutiply it BY 0

You're doing A multiplication... BY 0

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LOL I can actually see why some struggle with this. The way you explain it makes the difference. The number behind the multiplication symbol tells you how many buckets or categories you have, the number in front of it tells you the number of items in each bucket. So 2 x 0 means I have NO buckets to put two items in, therefore the answer is zero. 0 x 2 means I have two buckets, but no items to put in the buckets, therefore the answer is zero. Same with 1 x 1. 1 bucket with 1 item in it, means I have 1 item.

In his stupid dissertation or whatever where he did 1 x 1 = 1. He added 1 to both sides, when he should subtract because you're supposed to do the opposite sign. He's just confused about math and wrong.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I KNOW THAT. AGAIN, I'M POINTING OUT WHY PEOPLE CAN ARGUE AGAINST IT, DEPENDING ON HOW IT'S WORDED
I'm not adressing you, I'm adressing the words you repeated. The people you represent can argue against it... Because they are making a heavy semantic mistake.

If you're just repeating or explaining, don't feel attack if someone adress what you're repeating :mjlol:

Daps
0 but you still have the two apples. If your intent is to multiply the apples you already have, multiplying them 0 times still leaves you with 2

The number 1 and the commutative property are like

Am-I-A-Joke-to-You-Memes.jpg

I see where he's coming from

If you got 1 basket with 1 apple in it , then how many apples you got?

You got 2 items, why we only counting the apples :gucci:

1 x 1 = 2

Because the question asked you to count the apples :skip: say I asked you to go in a club n tell me how many bytches in there, n u tell me there's 20 people :yeshrug:, that would get a :dame: :stopitslime: outta me, especially if it really was 0 bytches in there.