Terminator: Dark Fate Official Thread

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Mannnn... Disappointing.

Has there been a character more hyped and sabotaged/wasted potential than John Connor?

They fukked up and got a shytty actor for T3.
Then, T4... They completely wasted Bale on a mediocre project that easily could of been fixed with better filmmakers in a sequel than going with the soft reboot. Then, they made Connor a villain in the reboot.

Then, they try to critic bait with the border issues when the theme should be about the technology revolution consuming us and making us slaves to it.

fukking hell....They easily could of made a damn good movie if they simply try working within the context of the lore and make organic and relatable stories instead of forcing shyt.

T2 could cause a fracture in the timeline where multiple future realities exist till "They are experienced and others are dusted" . A new primary reality timeline after T2 of a different Skynet that rules over man in harmony without nuclear war as willing servant and in the end of it. Connor is actually the delusional villain and they sent a terminator to stop her feom destroyong an unbeknownst utopia that could cascade and ripple into a chaotic skynet coming to fruition.

Hell, you can go even further and do an Evil Skynet vs. Good Skynet storyline if you want to go that route. Where Evil Skynet tricks Connor to go down a path to wipe out a Utopian Skynet. It's basically a remix of T2 under different variables.

It becomes fruitless expedition as that artificial intelligence is simply the next phase our evolution. You can't fight the tides of inevitablity, but you can alter its paths. Yet, it'll reach there all the same.

There is a meta dialog with terminator, and it gets wasted.

Sadly, this shyt writes itself if you just stay within the Lore and write a story that works.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
29 mil domestically. No one in Merica cares about this shyt anymore. :russell:

What it do internationally?
studios haven’t made a film for Americans in quite some time. Everything is gift wrapped for Chinese consumption. Consider it a fair exchange: their lead filled, plastic garbage for our plastic filled human with shytty stories.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
His not really wrong...although there are still movies made for Americans :skip:

But an increasing amount of Hollywood movies are made and edited with the Chinese market in mind.

Last I recall movies are supposed to make money no matter where they're played. What makes a movie styled for a certain country/continent? :dwillhuh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Damn what a flop
The amount of marketing and commercials I saw

wow
Marketing wasn’t going to help it. People don’t care, quality of the movie not withstanding. I was talking to my dad about it and it comes down to this:

the amount of people in the audience who remember when T2 was an event movie have dwindled. Either because they don’t care about the franchise anymore, don’t want to go out to see a movie, or just moved on. My dad is the prime person this movie is for and he just didn’t care because he doesn’t want to see Linda or Arnold at this point. Feels they’re too old.

Secondly, you’re using two older stars to market a movie to younger audiences. Unless you’re an 18 year old movie geek, you don’t give a flying fukk about Linda Hamilton or Arnold :manny: sad to say but that’s real. They’re your parents and you don’t want to see a movie starring your parents. Even with good reviews out there, why do you care?

This is similar to the blade runner 2049 issue from a few years back: you’re hoping nostalgia for this thing sells a 30 year old franchise that hasn’t been pop culturally relevant in quite some time. Which is ironic because the themes in this movie, and the franchise overall, are more relevant in 2019 than they were in 1984.

But the IP isn’t what it used to be and Arnold doesn’t carry the same weight he used to—no pun intended. And Linda has never carried any weight. So then you’re banking on the terminator brand name and that brand name has suffered since 91. So that’s a whole generation who doesn’t have the love or appreciation for T2. Is what it is

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie game is smug & uninspired.No creativity.You can tell directors are no longer manifesting a dream.Just flavor of the month shyt.That's basically putting the horse before the cart.

Flavor of the month right now is "Girl Power!"...But other than Captain Marvel, that formula has proven to be a dud.Nothing organic about that approach.They just put it together so sloppily.

You can make a dope, strong female character without all that bullshyt.Look at Sarah Connor in T2.She was a fukking soldier! Not infallible, tho.They didn't have to enhance her or turn her

into a super soldier/cyborg.She suffered injuries and looked vulnerable all throughout the film.No man hating ra ra "Girl Power" shyt.She was all about fulfilling her mission AND MATERNAL

LOVE.Natural human tendencies.I don't need Hollyweird to tell me what a "strong woman" is.I see it everyday.I'm surrounded by strong women.In my family, at work, everywhere!....They're

not being represented anymore.Instead, it's this new, unrealistic archetype.Shyt's not even relatable......Just get back to the art.Fukk the agenda & politics.Do the opposite and offer a temporary

escape from all that.Don't shove it in our faces.They're gonna continue to lose money.Captain Marvel was fortunate to be a Marvel flick leading up to Endgame.That shyt was horrible, to.

Seems as if they don't care, tho.They're determined to promote the madness.I'm starting to think it's not about making money anymore.Seems as if they have money to burn........................

Sadly
giphy.gif

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Mannnn... Disappointing.

Has there been a character more hyped and sabotaged/wasted potential than John Connor?

They fukked up and got a shytty actor for T3.
Then, T4... They completely wasted Bale on a mediocre project that easily could of been fixed with better filmmakers in a sequel than going with the soft reboot. Then, they made Connor a villain in the reboot.

Then, they try to critic bait with the border issues when the theme should be about the technology revolution consuming us and making us slaves to it.

fukking hell....They easily could of made a damn good movie if they simply try working within the context of the lore and make organic and relatable stories instead of forcing shyt.

T2 could cause a fracture in the timeline where multiple future realities exist till "They are experienced and others are dusted" . A new primary reality timeline after T2 of a different Skynet that rules over man in harmony without nuclear war as willing servant and in the end of it. Connor is actually the delusional villain and they sent a terminator to stop her feom destroyong an unbeknownst utopia that could cascade and ripple into a chaotic skynet coming to fruition.

Hell, you can go even further and do an Evil Skynet vs. Good Skynet storyline if you want to go that route. Where Evil Skynet tricks Connor to go down a path to wipe out a Utopian Skynet. It's basically a remix of T2 under different variables.

It becomes fruitless expedition as that artificial intelligence is simply the next phase our evolution. You can't fight the tides of inevitablity, but you can alter its paths. Yet, it'll reach there all the same.

There is a meta dialog with terminator, and it gets wasted.

Sadly, this shyt writes itself if you just stay within the Lore and write a story that works.
Exactly. There are so many dope stories they could tell in the that universe, and now more than ever this AI stuff is pertinent to all of us.

They can't seem to make a story that doesn't involve one terminator having to protect someone from another terminator.

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
shyt bombed at box office probably gonna lose over 100 milion dollars and after reading this thread sounds rightfully so. This shyt is not getting my money ill wait for a good stream. This shyt sounds worse than the new predator. Hollywood people are so out of touch and in a bubble just like politicians.