Tencent become majority shareholder in Techland (Dying Light 2)

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's the problem, you're looking at this as if all developers/publishers should be bought by Sony or M$ at one point. I don't.
I'd prefer the MAJOR publishers get bought by Sony/MS or nintendo...

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can't be this naive. MS is just as driven by money as EVERYBODY else. They're no different from an Amazon, Meta or Alphabet. They see a market they want to control and nothing more. You're falling for their cynical approach to PR.
Somehow you got me talking about MS here when I'm talking about Sony, Nintendo and MS.

"dedication to the gaming space that isn't just 100 percent $ and taking advantage of their consumers."

The big 3 are the only ones in gaming that have a proven track record of being about gaming. Not amazon, google, embracer or tencent...

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Somehow you got me talking about MS here when I'm talking about Sony, Nintendo and MS.

"dedication to the gaming space that isn't just 100 percent $ and taking advantage of their consumers."

The big 3 are the only ones in gaming that have a proven track record of being about gaming. Not amazon, google, embracer or tencent...
Sony and Nintendo aren't large tech outsiders. Mentioning them alongside MS blurs the line in Microsoft's favor. We already know they don't care about the console industry given that Spencer himself proposed shutting down Xbox to concentrate on Mobile. They're just as much a threat as either of the above companies. Advocating for them to consume more of the industry is foolish.

MS doesn't have a good track record. They just buy up and buy out everything until they have total control.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony and Nintendo aren't large tech outsiders. Mentioning them alongside MS blurs the line in Microsoft's favor. We already know they don't care about the console industry given that Spencer himself proposed shutting down Xbox to concentrate on Mobile. They're just as much a threat as either of the above companies. Advocating for them to consume more of the industry foolish.

MS doesn't have a good track record. They just buy up and buy out everything until they have total control.

Microsoft is just the American Tencent at this point.

An unproven entity in gaming that is just good at buying a bunch of shyt. They have no brand identity and very little history of creating valuable IP :yeshrug:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft is just the American Tencent at this point.

An unproven entity in gaming that is just good at buying a bunch of shyt. They have no brand identity and very little history of creating valuable IP :yeshrug:
Microsoft is responsible for the biggest shift in gaming since the Sega Saturn and PS1 popularized FMV and 3D graphics on consoles.

MS popularized, fps on consoles, online profiles and accounts as well as gameplay, and western rpgs in general and then some.

But yeah just an unproven entity that hasn't done anything in gaming :mjlol:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Microsoft is responsible for the biggest shift in gaming since the Sega Saturn and PS1 popularized FMV and 3D graphics on consoles.

MS popularized, fps on consoles, online profiles and accounts as well as gameplay, and western rpgs in general and then some.

But yeah just an unproven entity that hasn't done anything in gaming :mjlol:
i guess GoldenEye didnt exist.
and if you wanna give Microsoft credit for shyt like an online profile (that existed before the xbox), credit them with charging us for online gaming too.