Tencent become majority shareholder in Techland (Dying Light 2)

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you’d be a fool to think one major tech company cares more than the other about gaming. Microsoft, Google, Amazon, all more worried about their AI and Cloud business than gaming. Its all the same shyt
One major tech company has invested more into gaming and access to more games than the rest. It's clear they "care" more about the sector than, google or amazon.

Before AI was popping or the cloud a part of MS wanted in the gaming console space and they have been working at it and growing since.
But go ahead and cheer for random tech companies that have been buying up IP's dev's and publishers for a decade now with almost zero to show for it besides mobile games and VR games :mjlol:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Was thinking of getting Dying Light 2. Gonna pass now fukk these racist rice cacs.
You should pass anyway. That shyt ass ass. It's incredible how much better Dying Light 1 was than that bs DL2.

I was gonna cop Dead Island 2 but I heard it's cheeks too. Really off year for zombie survival action RPG's. Hopefully State Of Decay 3 drops next year and crushes the buildings.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Yall stan's are truly disgusting.

You want companies that have little to no interest in gaming, little to no hardware in gaming and little to no experience in the industry to buy up stuff because MS bought ABK.

:mjlol:

All this is going to do is kill Sony, if gaming becomes a industry run by the Trillion dollar boy's Sony is going to be the 1st casualty
:dead:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
We’re good to make that for another 10 years.

:snooze:
It’s not about them NOT having COD.

All these huge corporations buying IP means the more successful sony is at selling consoles, the more money the huge corporations make. And they use that money to invest in more IP and technology that WILL compete with sony.

COD on PS5 alone will be fund gamepass content, which sony will then have to compete with.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
It’s not about them NOT having COD.

All these huge corporations buying IP means the more successful sony is at selling consoles, the more money the huge corporations make. And they use that money to invest in more IP and technology that WILL compete with sony.

COD on PS5 alone will be fund gamepass content, which sony will then have to compete with.
That’s fine. Other companies making new shyt isn’t going to make me dislike Sony’s content.

Just as Sony’s and MS’s content hasn’t stopped folks from liking Nintendo’s content.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Tencent doesn’t make consoles.

I hate consolidation, but this isn’t the same as MS buying up major 3rd party developers

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So it’s not consolidation you have a problem with.

It’s games maybe not coming to your favorite platform :ohhh:
Nah I don’t like consolidation in general.

Difference is that we know Tencent for the most part have no reason to go exclusive.

MS does. They have consoles/gamepass to sell

Edit: Size of the purchase matters as well.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah I don’t like consolidation in general.

Difference is that we know Tencent for the most part have no reason to go exclusive.

MS does. They have consoles/gamepass to sell

Edit: Size of the purchase matters as well.
So you just want all games on playstation:ehh:

Just say that, and quit hiding behind hypocritical rhetoric :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So you just want all games on playstation:ehh:

Just say that, and quit hiding behind hypocritical rhetoric :manny:

Just like xbox Stan’s just want all these games on gamepass and they don’t actually care about the health of the industry, competition, workers rights and unionization, kotick, etc