Tencent become majority shareholder in Techland (Dying Light 2)

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So you just want all games on playstation:ehh:

Just say that, and quit hiding behind hypocritical rhetoric :manny:
Nope, 3rd parties still have choices when it comes to what platforms they release on. Most 3rd party companies have no reason to be exclusive.

I know it's hard to for you to understand, but I'd have the same issue with PS buying mega publishers.

I'd prefer a robust 3rd party ecosystem over whatever gamepass/PS Premium has to offer.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nope, 3rd parties still have choices when it comes to what platforms they release on. Most 3rd party companies have no reason to be exclusive.

I know it's hard to for you to understand, but I'd have the same issue with PS buying mega publishers.

I'd prefer a robust 3rd party ecosystem over whatever gamepass/PS Premium has to offer.
You doing a lot of talking just to say you want all games on your preferred platform :stopitslime:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Just like xbox Stan’s just want all these games on gamepass and they don’t actually care about the health of the industry, competition, workers rights and unionization, kotick, etc
Difference is that stuff is all a positive outcome of xbox stan’s selfishness.

I don’t personally think much about gaming unions, but if microsoft buying activision helps out employees then that’s a good thing. :ehh:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yet Sony manages to "cultivate a relationship" 3rd parties and lockout or lockdown major 3rd party releases day in and day out.

Your last "PS5" exclusive is a product of that.

The exclusive game you are hype to play in October is a product of them buying a insomniac.

3rd party games aren't going anywhere, it's the tech/talent and IPs that are the catch.

3rd party devs leave and create their own teams all the time.

That won't change.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's what you want to hear. Ain't my fault you choose to be obtuse.
I’m not being obtuse. that’s ultimately where each of your posts leads.

Most 3rd party companies have no reason to be exclusive.

Difference is that we know Tencent for the most part have no reason to go exclusive.

MS does
Tencent doesn’t make consoles.
It’s all about where the games end up.

Not some ideological disdain for “consolidation” :stopitslime:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's what you want to hear. Ain't my fault you choose to be obtuse.
I mean why else do it matter to you?

Having a bunch of major independent 3rd party publishers is different from a couple them being under xbox how?

Especially since we know that MS wants them to continue to do what they've always done.

Or do you think that ABK/Ubi or whoever for the next 10-15 years will never get acquired by anyone at any point and slowly die and dissolve?

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I’m not being obtuse. that’s ultimately where each of your posts leads.

It’s all about where the games end up.

Not some ideological disdain for “consolidation” :stopitslime:
I'm not sure what part of I don't want Sony nor M$ spending 100$ to purchase mega publishers you don't understand. But that's on you.

Size matters.

Buying a developer whos been working with you for 10+ years isn't the same as buying a mega publisher that houses over 10 developers that's been multiplatform for decades.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I mean why else do it matter to you?

Having a bunch of major independent 3rd party publishers is different from a couple them being under xbox how?

Especially since we know that MS wants them to continue to do what they've always done.

Or do you think that ABK/Ubi or whoever for the next 10-15 years will never get acquired by anyone at any point and slowly die and dissolve?
That's the problem, you buy into M$ BS. I don't.

We can leave it at that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not sure what part of I don't want Sony nor M$ spending 100$ to purchase mega publishers you don't understand. But that's on you.

Size matters.

Buying a developer whos been working with you for 10+ years isn't the same as buying a mega publisher that houses over 10 developers that's been multiplatform for decades.
Now back to the empty hypocrisy. :mjlol:

You ain’t say none of that in here. You were talking about how tencent can buy what they want cause they games won’t be exclusive.:stopitslime:

If you really just didn’t like “consolidation” there would be no qualifiers or extra context.

You don’t like microsoft and you want all games on playstation. You’ve said as much in this thread. I don’t know why you take offense when i repeat it back to you.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's the problem, you buy into M$ BS. I don't.

We can leave it at that.
What BS?

Seriously

All of the 1st party studios have said MS is hands off, infact probably too much so in most cases.

It's even documented in court under oath...

Idk what in the meantime I have some of the best features, hardware and value in gaming.

Sounds like paranoia from you or just plain stubbornness

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Now back to the empty hypocrisy. :mjlol:

You ain’t say none of that in here. You were talking about how tencent can buy what they want cause they games won’t be exclusive.:stopitslime:
Tencent does not make hardware.