Tencent become majority shareholder in Techland (Dying Light 2)

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So you are ok with them buying shyt cause you have no fear the games won’t end up where you want them at.

You already said that in here. Again don’t know why you have a problem with it being repeated back to you
Nope, I'd prefer these mega publishers stay 3rd party, or split up. Not be bought by console makers.

I don't know why you continue to ignore the size of the Activision purchase. This isn't a single studio like Rare, or Insomniac.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nope, I'd prefer these mega publishers stay 3rd party, or split up. Not be bought by console makers.

I don't know why you continue to ignore the size of the Activision purchase. This isn't a single studio like Rare, or Insomniac.
You only move to talking about size when you can’t reconcile your hypocrisy.

By this logic microsoft could have purchased the studios individually and you’d be fine with that, but of course you wouldn’t cause ultimately you just want all games to come to your playstation :manny:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You only move to talking about size when you can’t reconcile your hypocrisy.

By this logic microsoft could have purchased the studios individually and you’d be fine with that, but of course you wouldn’t cause ultimately you just want all games to come to your playstation :manny:
Size of the acquisition has always been my argument. Hence why I keep saying I’d be in the same boat if Sony was purchasing Activision

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Size of the acquisition has always been my argument. Hence why I keep saying I’d be in the same boat if Sony was purchasing Activision
But you haven't given a reason as to why size matters to your reasoning.
If insomniac and sucker punch merged and was publishing the same games as they are now and sony bought them as one instead would you all of a sudden be against Sony buying them because "size matters"
It really doesn't make sense when the end goal is all the same, they end up in the same pool.
How the people that buy these Devs, Ip's and publishers in that pool use it for consumers is all that matters to me. :manny:

That can be High quality gaming.
Value
Innovation

or whatever...

More so a understanding and dedication to the gaming space that isn't just 100 percent $ and taking advantage of their consumers.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol is that why they released that disappointing sequel, they had no daddy? :mjlol:

“Wait give us your money now and in two more years we’ll complete the game”:camby:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Sure which is why the first thing you said in this thread is

:ehh:
Are we going to ignore the myriad of other times I have explained size of the acquisition was one of my main problems?

But you haven't given a reason as to why size matters to your reasoning.
If insomniac and sucker punch merged and was publishing the same games as they are now and sony bought them as one instead would you all of a sudden be against Sony buying them because "size matters"
It really doesn't make sense when the end goal is all the same, they end up in the same pool.
How the people that buy these Devs, Ip's and publishers in that pool use it for consumers is all that matters to me. :manny:

That can be High quality gaming.
Value
Innovation

or whatever...

More so a understanding and dedication to the gaming space that isn't just 100 percent $ and taking advantage of their consumers.

If Insomniac and Sucker Punch merged it still isn't even close to the size of Activision.

So yes, size matters.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So yes, size matters.
*name is Gurf (girth)* :patrice:

*size matters* :huhldup:

:dame:

camron-mase.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are we going to ignore the myriad of other times I have explained size of the acquisition was one of my main problems?

If Insomniac and Sucker Punch merged it still isn't even close to the size of Activision.

So yes, size matters.
Ok breh, you still haven't said why...

But ok.

You can buy up the whole industry as long as you don't touch the Big publishers..

:hubie:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Ok breh, you still haven't said why...

But ok.

You can buy up the whole industry as long as you don't touch the Big publishers..

:hubie:
That's the problem, you're looking at this as if all developers/publishers should be bought by Sony or M$ at one point. I don't.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
More content gathering. We're moving closer and closer to the corporate dystopia where a few company hoarders own everything. Embracer, Tencent and MS need to be stopped.

Ten No nikkas Cent?

Stop doing this. MS has been the target of numerous racial discrimination lawsuits. And you can't forget what happened at Mixer. Trying to spin this in favor of the company you like is a waste of time, because none of them care.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
More content gathering. We're moving closer and closer to the corporate dystopia where a few company hoarders own everything. Embracer, Tencent and MS need to be stopped.

Stop doing this. MS has been the target of numerous racial discrimination lawsuits. And you can't forget what happened at Mixer. Trying to spin this in favor of the company you like is a waste of time, because none of them care.
Everybody but sony is bad.

Sony stan’s :mjlol:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You can't be this naive. MS is just as driven by money as EVERYBODY else. They're no different from an Amazon, Meta or Alphabet. They see a market they want to control and nothing more. You're falling for their cynical approach to PR.