Tekken 8 | PS5/XBOX SERIES X|S/STEAM | Heihachi Returns this Autumn

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
How you make out?

Went 6-2, finished 33rd. Lost to Genghis and Ty just now.

Also played T8 and the game feels like Tekken 7 but with better graphics, gameplay wise. Sidesteps are definitely better though

Tried Jack, Paul, Kazuya. Paul felt very similar to his T7 self, Jack very different with his new stance, jackhammer having less reward and being even easier to step, Fcdb1 no longer being safe and being slower.

Last edited:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

Also played T8 and the game feels like Tekken 7 but with better graphics, gameplay wise. Sidesteps are definitely better though

Tried Jack, Paul, Kazuya. Paul felt very similar to his T7 self, Jack very different with his new stance, jackhammer having less reward and being even easier to step, Fcdb1 no longer being safe and being slower.
:damn: 8 matches and only 33rd.. that shyt must've had A LOT of entrants.. which is surprising considering how old this game is.. Good shyt though

Last edited:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Bryan looks ridiculous. Movement looks faster, that overhead launcher at 1:14 is bananas, new taunt jet strings, I could keep going. Pressure is gonna be crazy

They're just not gonna go back to the T3-T5 laugh but this one is probably the best since

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Bryan looks ridiculous. Movement looks faster, that overhead launcher at 1:14 is bananas, new taunt jet strings, I could keep going. Pressure is gonna be crazy

They're just not gonna go back to the T3-T5 laugh but this one is probably the best since
I guarantee you they make the button notations for "taunt" easier

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
:damn: 8 matches and only 33rd.. that shyt must've had A LOT of entrants.. which is surprising considering how old this game is.. Good shyt though

Yeah 690. By far biggest bracket I’ve been in.

Was a fun run. Did it with Miguel for the most part

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

How did you feel about the chip damage ? Were the visual effects too distracting ?

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
How did you feel about the chip damage ? Were the visual effects too distracting ?

Visual effects were toned down a ton. Didn’t even notice it much. Game looks good.

Chip damage seems a little excessive for certain characters. Like Jack can take a grip of grey health just from doing b2 and a charged b2 does a crazy amount of chip damage, which will be an issue at the wall where it’s hard to move around it.

Feels like the game is incentivizing you to play more actively - if you’re going to be defensive, you don’t just stand block but sidestep to avoid moves entirely then punish. Or you do a move to interrupt/CH their timing. But just sitting there feels bad.