Tekken 8 | PS5/XBOX SERIES X|S/STEAM | Heihachi Returns this Autumn

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yall reinas be gaslighting no good lows? She has a hell sweep :heh: Ss 4 is also decent

The minute u block low bytch is gonna jump scare u with ff2 from mid screen anyway :francis:

Her n king most annoying in game
Her lows are still weaker than typical Tekken cast due to not being able get long combos/guaranteed damage off landing them tho. Her lows are more for poking and opening you up. Ain't like her hell sweeps and SS4 going to carry you from mid screen to the wall like Bryan, Lily, Raven, Leo and so many other characters can.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Made it to Shinryu with my Steve. Very proud of myself.

Loving this game BUT...

As a defense oriented player, I have always been in awe at how hit reg and hit boxes seemed to be stellar in previous Tekkens. (As an outsider looking in)

Tekken 8 has some of the worst hit boxes I've fukking seen. It's criminal. And the insane tracking?? The fukk? Sidesteps are insanely underpowered.

Edit:

Also, I'm spoiled from Mortal Kombat and even Street Fighter when it comes to intro and outro scenes...

Tekken has the most low effort intro/outro scenes I've ever seen. Using Steve, it has become torture to hear this nikka say:

"Don't MISS me WINNING!!!" or the other low IQ bullshyt he says unless he's fighting Nina.
Come on, make the characters feel more alive.

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Loving this game BUT...

As a defense oriented player, I have always been in awe at how hit reg and hit boxes seemed to be stellar in previous Tekkens. (As an outsider looking in)

Tekken 8 has some of the worst hit boxes I've fukking seen. It's criminal. And the insane tracking?? The fukk? Sidesteps are insanely underpowered.

Edit:

Also, I'm spoiled from Mortal Kombat and even Street Fighter when it comes to intro and outro scenes...

Tekken has the most low effort intro/outro scenes I've ever seen. Using Steve, it has become torture to hear this nikka say:

"Don't MISS me WINNING!!!" or the other low IQ bullshyt he says unless he's fighting Nina.

As far as intros go, I think Steve’s is only bad because he has the WOAT voice acting in the game :lolbron:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Her lows are still weaker than typical Tekken cast due to not being able get long combos/guaranteed damage off landing them tho. Her lows are more for poking and opening you up. Ain't like her hell sweeps and SS4 going to carry you from mid screen to the wall like Bryan, Lily, Raven, Leo and so many other characters can.

Yall downplaying this bytch so much. Her sweep goes right back into stance where you have to guess again as she can immediately go for a low again or the heat activator. And its still a hellsweep as in unreactable low, which by its nature is a top tier tool. Nvm her kit almost necessitates you block mid considering she gets heat off of b3, df 1,2, ff2 kicks etc. I will not be gaslight by u nikkas like she doesnt have all strong tools :mjlol:

Nobody good is getting hit by fukking snake edges with any regularity, most good lows are just chunking pokes that leave you in an advantaged situation. If u get hit with them 37 f ass lows that lead to a combo you just ass.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Edit:

Ehh...while I've not put much thought into most of these games intros, I certainly wouldn't say Tekken's is lesser than any other current ones. Yeah, since you're playing hoe ass Steve. Reina vs. Kazuya intro is hype. Raven vs. Victor as well and plenty of others that have rivals. Paul punching through a break wall is callback to first game and is pretty dope. Yeah...maybe you just need a better, non hoe character if you want some action in your life, fool.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yall downplaying this bytch so much. Her sweep goes right back into stance where you have to guess again as she can immediately go for a low again or the heat activator. And its still a hellsweep as in unreactable low, which by its nature is a top tier tool. Nvm her kit almost necessitates you block mid considering she gets heat off of b3, df 1,2, ff2 kicks etc. I will not be gaslight by u nikkas like she doesnt have all strong tools :mjlol:

Nobody good is getting hit by fukking snake edges with any regularity, most good lows are just chunking pokes that leave you in an advantaged situation. If u get hit with them 37 f ass lows that lead to a combo you just ass.
That shyt is not unreactable, lol. Hers ain't even the fast version and only knocks down on counter hit. Devil Jin's is faster and more menacing with what he converts off it and doesn't even need counterhit for knock down. Hers has greater reach tho.

I didn't say she doesn't have strong tools otherwise. Everything else about her is pretty great. You know this already as you play her too.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

Loving this game BUT...

Edit:

Interesting to hear this perspective from a Mortal Kombat/Streetfighter player

Me personally I wish I could turn them outros/intros off altogether

It’s just a waste of time to me- I just wanna hurry up and hit rematch

I legit get mad when a player don’t skip their intros - fukk all that shyt - what them hands is like nikka

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Ehh...while I've not put much thought into most of these games intros, I certainly wouldn't say Tekken's is lesser than any other current ones. Yeah, since you're playing hoe ass Steve. Reina vs. Kazuya intro is hype. Raven vs. Victor as well and plenty of others that have rivals. Paul punching through a break wall is callback to first game and is pretty dope. Yeah...maybe you just need a better, non hoe character if you want some action in your life, fool.
Steve...a hoe ass character?
That nikka must have rearranged your fukking face too many times.

"THESE ARE THE FISTS OF A CHAMPION!!!"

Lucky, AI can't make video games on the fly...I'd create a Tekken/Street Fighter Tag Tournament game just to have Guile/Steve put you in a fukking bodybag, nikka

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Steve...a hoe ass character?
That nikka must have rearranged your fukking face too many times.

"THESE ARE THE FISTS OF A CHAMPION!!!"

Lucky, AI can't make video games on the fly...I'd create a Tekken/Street Fighter Tag Tournament game just to have Guile/Steve put you in a fukking bodybag, nikka
Actually, not really.

Also, not happening, lol.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Interesting to hear this perspective from a Mortal Kombat/Streetfighter player

Me personally I wish I could turn them outros/intros off altogether

It’s just a waste of time to me- I just wanna hurry up and hit rematch

I legit get mad when a player don’t skip their intros - fukk all that shyt - what them hands is like nikka

Gonna keep this in mind and tilt you with non-skippable intros every match :banderas:

giphy.gif

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
That shyt is not unreactable, lol. Hers ain't even the fast version and only knocks down on counter hit. Devil Jin's is faster and more menacing with what he converts off it and doesn't even need counterhit for knock down. Hers has greater reach tho.

I didn't say she doesn't have strong tools otherwise. Everything else about her is pretty great. You know this already as you play her too.

Her hell sweep is not reactable nikka stop it, thats the whole point of the attack :bryan: You reacting to 18f or w/e the fukk it is startup lows? Come on breh