TEENAGE MUTANT TURTLES 2 (2016) movie is really good [Discussion]

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That's crazy cuz my two boys love all the 90's shyt I instilled them with including Turtles lol

Basically told them u either eat cereal and watch X-men in the mornings or u starve, fukk a Paw Patrol:ufdup:

Thank you for great parenting.
I recommend all parents be very gung ho.
about giving their kids great cartoons from their era or past era that were prominent.

The fact cartoons like be quiet bear.
to the weed strangling the flower were made into being criminal and hurt child development not being in the marketplace.

You learned from the earlier cartoons.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
@CrazedSoul
@BXKingPin82

That He-Man cartoon doesn't hold up at all. Makes Transformers look like The Simpsons :heh:

Got about $250 last week selling my old He-Man figures and castles though :whew:

shyt was bittersweet:sadbron:

He-man in animated form was always a chore and called out for being on bullshyt when it dropped.
Just like the movie was called out for being a chore and to far away from the sweet spot of the cartoon or the comic insert.
If the heman cartoon would have been as good as the texeira comic book insert that came with the figures.
It would have made it difficult for any other franchise to get wiggle room to draw.
Heman being close to gawd awful in cartoon adaptation is how I wanna say other goat toys got the opportunity to draw.

Everything from mask to centurions and other cartoons and toys thrived because heman'a cartoon was lacking.

Insectars got love and a cartoon from heman the cartoon being so bad.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Was exactly what I thought it would be: cheesy, mediocre, and made for the 15-and-under crowd

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Watched it. Meh

This is very much the 90s cartoon in real action.

Had a couple cool scenes but overall just didn't do much for me.

I wish it was darker and serious like it was originally created as in comics and the og flick.

I could see kids liking this.

5/10

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I see now why this film did half the business of the first though.

It just goes full blown weird. Krang, technodrome etc. It's so different and out there from the more grounded first film.

Most people that aint up on turtles are just gonna be :what: watching this after the first one.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Movie was garbage just like the first one.... Makes me even more grateful that I don't pay to see these shytty flicks any more...... :camby:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

It just goes full blown weird. Krang, technodrome etc. It's so different and out there from the more grounded first film.

Most people that aint up on turtles are just gonna be :what: watching this after the first one.

The weird thing is that Nickelodeon owns turtles in full so you'd think they'd be smart enough to line up the movie with the tv show as far as a look and feel. It's just weird to me how that didn't happen and seems like someone at nick was asleep at the wheel of the turtle van

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

On the other hand, if you're a fan of the 80's cartoon, this was fan service done pretty well. I had to pause the movie half way through watching it to take note of the fact that I was actually enjoying a lot of what I saw. They picked up on a lot of little things that made the cartoon enjoyable. Like Krang and his machine suit always at odds with each other :russ:.

Wanted to see that Baxter stockman transformation as an after credits scene but oh well.

I didn't have as many issues with this as i imagined going into it brehs :ehh:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'm curious if they do a 3rd one or just reboot.

I don't see it personally. I think people are done with this version already. I don't see how they can continue with the box office of this one falling off so badly.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
On the other hand, if you're a fan of the 80's cartoon, this was fan service done pretty well. I had to pause the movie half way through watching it to take note of the fact that I was actually enjoying a lot of what I saw. They picked up on a lot of little things that made the cartoon enjoyable. Like Krang and his machine suit always at odds with each other :russ:.

Wanted to see that Baxter stockman transformation as an after credits scene but oh well.

I didn't have as many issues with this as i imagined going into it brehs :ehh:

Much like I feel about the 80s cartoon now..it was cool in the moment but less so the more distance I have from it. It's a fun but forgettable flick and probably needs a true change in order to put it back on solid footing again

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Much like I feel about the 80s cartoon now..it was cool in the moment but less so the more distance I have from it. It's a fun but forgettable flick and probably needs a true change in order to put it back on solid footing again
True but they don't have the stones to attempt a gritty reboot a la the first movie from 92 (too much riding on toy sales now, especially since they're now owned by Nickelodeon) or take on the IDW turtles aesthetic which is by the way absolutely incredible. The current comic may be the best iteration of TMNT ever imo.