TEENAGE MUTANT TURTLES 2 (2016) movie is really good [Discussion]

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
True but they don't have the stones to attempt a gritty reboot a la the first movie from 92 (too much riding on toy sales now, especially since they're now owned by Nickelodeon) or take on the IDW turtles aesthetic which is by the way absolutely incredible. The current comic may be the best iteration of TMNT ever imo.

I wouldn't even say do a gritty reboot. They could do one in the vein of the tv show and it would be dope. Or even the 03 cartoon which is more serious but not as serious. In fact the 03 series probably has more in common with marvel movies if an exec needs a touchstone to pitch it.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anyone know where i could stream this?
All the stream links I found were awful. Actually downloaded the hd version in about 3 minutes and watched in much better quality last night.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It damn sure was not Return Of The Ooze but it was Good and I liked it.:manny:

I'm not crazy about the designs either and I'm not so proud of Raphael being considered the Meathead of the group, mainly because he's my Favorite but :yeshrug: ..they're just all good together.

I will say that I didn't care for Casey all that much.:patrice:
Secret of the Ooze doesn't hold up well for me at all. It's really a lead in to where they went in the third movie when they completely jumped the shark. I actually probably enjoyed this one more than SOTO.

And Raph being an angry frat boy didn't sit well with me either for the same reasons. It's like they traded his sarcastic wit for over an over the top thug persona.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
@BXKingPin82 stories about his kid were much more entertaining than this movie. I can sort understand the turtles being dumb because they are teens but everybody in this movie makes borderline retarded choices.

Second worst movie I've seen this year.
3 out of 10.
:russ:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
They replaced Leo, Shredder, Baxter and Shredder's daughter with different actors :dead:
And they literally had Shredder do nothing just to get frozen by Kang at the end :beli:

Last edited:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
overall this movie was bad
i gave it the edge over the previous one cuz they felt more like brothers here. there were some.dope performances too like Tyler Perry.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
i been reading the comics from issue #1. thinking about writing a dark screenplay centered around the mousers

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The weird thing is that Nickelodeon owns turtles in full so you'd think they'd be smart enough to line up the movie with the tv show as far as a look and feel. It's just weird to me how that didn't happen and seems like someone at nick was asleep at the wheel of the turtle van

Nickelodeon was never good, breh.
So how did you expect this to happen.
Nikc is just a large corporation masked up to feel like it is for the kids. When it is just a low quality revenue grab that benefitted from tv being made not for children in the nineties. When they were supposedly passing laws to make tv for children. When tv already was setup for the well being of children to begin with.
The changes in tv laws for television ruined America as a place for kids.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I just want a movie that follows the 03 version :to:

You mean the animated TMNT.

Tmnt is the actual highest quality movie in the entire franchise.

It captures everything that should be turtles moving forward.
After the first movie sequel almost deathknell ruined the franchise. Then, the weird character/creator issues which eventually after a number of moves resulted in nick owning the turtles. In the long run b*stardizing the franchise. With their idiot pill takes on tmnt like Disney awful droids to be continued run on star wars.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
overall this movie was bad
i gave it the edge over the previous one cuz they felt more like brothers here. there were some.dope performances too like Tyler Perry.

At this point you would have to rate the turtles against themselves as far as quality goes to make a real review of this movie.

Trying to review movies out of the context in which they were made for large franchises will usually result in poor reviews. From critics who do that and have no wherewithal to the actual content of the movie.

You can not review turtles like gene siskel would review a foreign movie. Which is why nobody fukked with siskel and liked ebert.

As ebert reviewed the movie in their genre and their respective place. Not from the place of some snoot monster who is huff and boring as fukk like siskel.

Art Barr