jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
thats how my older brothers kids are
they love all that retro stuff

i remember one time i sat down with my kid one afternoon and threw on Masters of the Universe cause i was all about some He-Man when i was a kid
lil homie looked at me like "this is wack!":what:

and i looked back at him like,

"this shyt IS wack!":beli:

:deadmanny:

funniest was Speed Racer tho
he said "this must be a bad copy."

talking about how the mouths didnt move with the words :mjlol:

Breh i dunno even know how the fukk I enjoyed He-man the fukking movie let alone the cartoon. :dead:

best believe I had them he-man action figures though :blessed:

:dead:@ speed racer. Even as a kid I thought it was choppy looking :heh:
I watched the He-Man/She-Ra movie with my kids a couple years when we had that big snow storm on the east coast. Man, I don't remember how many times I went to sleep. I almost wanted to turn it off as an adult He-Man comes off like he's flaming my son wasn't into the cartoon anyway so I was like :ehh: I few months ago the show came on some random Christian station and I tried watching it with my wife I couldn't get past 5 mins that show is complete garbage as an adult :scust: :damn:

I got my son and stepdaughter liking Thundercats, the 80's Spider-Man and Hulk cartoons, Transformers, OG TMNT, tried to get my son into X-Men but he won't sit through a whole episode without wanting me to turn it off and turn on Transformers or Turtles :mjcry:

As for this movie I thought it was dope, definitely was like watching a movie version of that cheesy TMNT series we grew up on.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
@CrazedSoul
@BXKingPin82

That He-Man cartoon doesn't hold up at all. Makes Transformers look like The Simpsons :heh:

Got about $250 last week selling my old He-Man figures and castles though :whew:

shyt was bittersweet:sadbron:
:ehh:
my sister got alot of my old toys cause i kept good care of alotta them
her kids used to play with them when they was younger
they LOVED them ninja turtles that you can make change into the big baby turtles :takedat:
i got a few old joints laying around my spot tho
dont think ill ever part with them tho

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
So this was enjoyable if really silly lol. It was a live action version of the cartoon through and through, complete with Shredder blindly trusting Krang for no reason. the action was competently shot and tonally it was consistent. The one thing I loved was the characters of the turtles. They gave them all distinct personalities and actually tried to develop them which was cool. It's fine, 7/10.The emphasis on this being their movie really helps, along with the supporting characters being supportive. They didn't give the older characters a lot to do but Casey did okay for himself. The movie feels like a straight up apology for the first one tonally, character-wise, effects wise, and direction wise. It's very confident in what it wants to be enough to let stuff that should be addressed go unaddressed because they're having too much fun to care.

More plusses than negatives but there's one huge negative to lead to the climax in the 3rd that I just can't get past. Along with Shredder being a non-factor and a joke, Krang being...seemingly from another movie lol...interesting plot developments are tossed away because the script said so

Also, am I the only one who realized this was a loose remake of Secret of the Ooze?

At least a turtle didn't get launched several hundred feet away this time :mjlol: