she would sell tickets doe :wow:
138210762183.jpg
Who's that

Jackson LeRoy Briggs

You think you bad? You ain't bad!
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
But it only works because people were invested in the Kurt character. Otherwise, you're Benjamin and Haas.
But Kurt's in-ring style was why we bought into the Olympic Gold Medalist gimmick. Picture him as an up and comer wrestling like HHH for instance. He wouldn't have the same impact.

Haas and Benjamin didn't have anything near Kurt's real life credentials, they had zero chance of making it as big as he did no matter what they tried to do

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
He's right in a sense that compared to his status? It's nothing. But once certain brands are built. .like Eddie, Benoit, Bryan, Punk. It leads to fan appreciation reactions. ..not the same as Rock vs Brock or Sting vs Hogan but it definitely is marketable and desired by the fanbase..especially in this day and age where fans are sick of 37 year old Cena jokes and passive attitude towards disapproving crowds.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
But Kurt's in-ring style was why we bought into the Olympic Gold Medalist gimmick. Picture him as an up and comer wrestling like HHH for instance. He wouldn't have the same impact.

Haas and Benjamin didn't have anything near Kurt's real life credentials, they had zero chance of making it as big as he did no matter what they tried to do

Nah..they didn't have nowhere near his push. That's why they went nowhere. Angle was put over by real successes in that first year. Everybody made that boy look good.

Jackson LeRoy Briggs

You think you bad? You ain't bad!
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
Nah..they didn't have nowhere near his push. That's why they went nowhere. Angle was put over by real successes in that first year. Everybody made that boy look good.
Nah, even with a big push they wouldn't have made it as big as Kurt. It was the wrong era for that and like I said they didn't have his inherent name value as an Olympian.

Last edited:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Point is, Kurt was a total package. It's not a black-and-white situation where you can't be a good technical wrestler and sell tickets. But you can't JUST be a good technical wrestler and sell tickets. Of course his in-ring skill ultimately made his character work, but the character made people care enough to wanna see him in the ring. Both things complemented eachother. If he only had one and not the other, he wouldn't have been a main event wrestler. He would've been Haas, Benjamin, Lance Storm, Malenko... all better than average technical wrestlers, but not the ones you put at the top of the card thinkin' they're gonna be a draw.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

Not even 1 minute into the match...

"BORING!!! BORING!!!"

:dead:

that was the mechanics of that debut and match to get him heel heat, though.
plus, it was there to give a contrast to the smashmouth me style.
that was being implemented to capitalize on austin's style after injury.

yet, when austin wrassled benoit the first time, that was a technical affair and on raw and was one of the better matches on freetv for that time, too.

art barr

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
that was the mechanics of that debut and match to get him heel heat, though.
plus, it was there to give a contrast to the smashmouth me style.
that was being implemented to capitalize on austin's style after injury.

yet, when austin wrassled benoit the first time, that was a technical affair and on raw and was one of the better matches on freetv for that time, too.

art barr

I was disappointed that match never made an DVDs before the incident. I have it on VHS. I have a lot of wrestling VHS I need to transfer to DVD. :mjcry:

Technical wrestling is to WWE what lyricism is to mainstream rap. :beli:

TL15

Veteran
Daps
If “real” technical wrestling sold tickets there would be no need for “professional” wrestling :manny:

And as always it’s :pacspit: Terry Bollea