Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Unlike 2008, this recession is really about Gen Z not taking the bait to be exploited and baby boomers are retiring due to many of them being over 70+. ITs interesting to see how people are not going to fall for the trap that they fell into back in 08 and moving smarter.
Yes. I wonder how long they will hold out though. It’s sickening to see how baby boomers are ducking people.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Damn that's a good point and a MAJOR hole in some tech firms.

Being a computer whiz doesn't equate to understanding market trends, finance etc.

Being a great salesperson/big picture guy often means you're not proficient at the I/O game. Someone that has the slick talk of a salesman with the tech knowledge to back it up is damn near a unicorn. Does the nerd have the wisdom to acknowledge his own shortcomings? Does the MBA even know he HAS shortcomings?
Ultimately it's a team effort. Usually Engineer lead orgs are run like shyt and lack vision. Apple is one of the rare cases a Product guy ran the show (to build it up). If you look at Apple now, Tim Cook is a supply chain/operations guy and many would say you see the 'magic' of apple has declined.

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Speak on it breh :to:
Not gonna lie it hurts a little bit. I worked hard to get to this level. I was working for the government and leading a team. My salary was crazy...more money than I could've ever thought of and just like that its gone. Its all good though im not bummed just have to work hard for the next position. Im going to take a quick break and head to Miami for a music festival to recharge and then come back and start appliying"

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Not gonna lie it hurts a little bit. I worked hard to get to this level. I was working for the government and leading a team. My salary was crazy...more money then I could've ever thought of and just like that its gone. Its all good though im not bummed just have to work hard for the next position. Im going to take a quick break and head to Miami for a music festival to recharge and then come back and start appliying"
:salute: wish you well fam, we all kind of edge right now.

Coli fam, free feel to reach out to this cat, if you have any leads.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not gonna lie it hurts a little bit. I worked hard to get to this level. I was working for the government and leading a team. My salary was crazy...more money than I could've ever thought of and just like that its gone. Its all good though im not bummed just have to work hard for the next position. Im going to take a quick break and head to Miami for a music festival to recharge and then come back and start appliying"

I thought government jobs where some of the most secure jobs out there. Is that not true?

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
My new FAANG job won’t be here until June!

Seems like these companies are still trying to level their finances.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
My new FAANG job won’t be here until June!

Seems like these companies are still trying to level their finances.

I think most companies were holding out hope the markets would improve by the beginning of the next fiscal year but this bank collapse pretty much ensured the hiring freeze will go into 2024.

boxfullofjoel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of this led by over leveraging and overvaluations from a couple of years ago not necessarily the health of the industry. companies were borrowing when the rates were low and because corporate debt is tied to interest rates everybody liabilities are rising and the fed hasn’t said when they gonna stop . So companies gotta cut cost to offset debt payments