Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Cute, but the whole point of hiring someone is to get more than just several months of labor out of a person. Personally I could give a fk if they leave, it means I’m needed again to do my job :manny:
Nah I understand I just messing around with ya. Business is Business.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Its called finding a lane and raping it while putting your people on.. The indians be having fake degrees, fake references, answers to the test, ANY MEANS NECESSARY, treat america like a whore and put the WHOLE TEAM ON! They have direct routes with no ambiguous pull yourself by bootstraps answers just do this, do this, then this and you will be in and get this money. They not tryna stunt on others because they know once they get in leadership positions they can put more of their people on. Thats just the way to move, find an industry you can dominate, find the blind spots, and take advantage, once in, create direct paths for your people and dominate with numbers. The individual lone wolf so I can stunt on others is not a winning play overall.

The indians have pushed tech as a route by highlighting it in education for a few decades now also
I will say the issue india faces is you tend to get out on by your caste status but thats not thenside of things we see so we tend to look at them all the same but from my understand its specific ones who [on avg] go the tech route vs med vs small business

Daps
How so?

The ppl doing the hiring are mostly white. But many of them are clueless about tech outside of buzzwords, and just automatically assume someone foreign knows IT.

And good on Indians for milking a hole in the American system. Bc they come over here, find a gf/wife and both are making big money right outta the gate and start a family. It's like Mexicans who told me that in Mexico they are trained to do labor jobs that exist in America for the sole purpose of coming over here to make good money....which they can then wire that money back to Mexico until their family can get over here

But once White ppl start seeing their wealthy, all-white neighborhoods turning majority brown, and their kids schools turning brown, eyes get opened & you know what's coming next..
Seen this shyt in northern parts of DFW. Some of the north Dallas suburbs have high schools FULL of Indian, Chinese etc kids (looking at you Frisco).

White parents love having some Asian kids and even African immigrant kids to raise the academic profile of their school. Problem is when Prakash, Emeka and Li make up a huge percentage of your school. The top 10%, top 20% will be all immigrants. Every last one has a perfect GPA and took every single AP class from AP Chem, Physics to Calculus AB/BC. Probably never got less than an 85 or 90 on any single quiz or test.

White folks are used to fleeing from us and Mexicans but how do you run away from Asian/African immigrants pulling down as much or more $$$?

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Seen this shyt in northern parts of DFW. Some of the north Dallas suburbs have high schools FULL of Indian, Chinese etc kids (looking at you Frisco).

White parents love having some Asian kids and even African immigrant kids to raise the academic profile of their school. Problem is when Prakash, Emeka and Li make up a huge percentage of your school. The top 10%, top 20% will be all immigrants. Every last one has a perfect GPA and took every single AP class from AP Chem, Physics to Calculus AB/BC. Probably never got less than an 85 or 90 on any single quiz or test.

White folks are used to fleeing from us and Mexicans but how do you run away from Asian/African immigrants pulling down as much or more $$$?
You run to Celina, Prosper, Argyle, etc. A lot of cacs have bushed Plano, Irving, Colony b/c of the academic reasons you mentioned, their kids can't get automatic enrollment in state schools through the top 7-10% rule. Their numbers are starting creep up in Southlake too which is make them uncomfortable.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Companies are favoring Seniors willing to take a pay cut - in many ways these Seniors taking on these new Junior-level salaries are some of the highest salaries they'll see during the careers.

In many ways, it's almost like the industry is going to reward those with experience that really were getting underpaid.
If they are underpaid they probably don't leetcode or go through the whole prep process in order to pass the bar of the companies paying the most. Unless they change that it won't matter, if you can't pass the contrived ass coding rounds all the experience in the world won't matter

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I was with you on the first sentence but that second sentence you lost me as my experience has been the opposite :pachaha: Literally consistently the worst communicators of any group of people on this planet. The reason they are so deep in tech is India is a services economy with a heavy tech focus with not many homegrown companies like Tiktok, Tencent, Temu, etc and they put each other on even if their weakest aren't great at the role.
I've found most Indian engineers overcommunicate which is a great trait to have when working with teams unless you're trying to keep a scrum under 15 minutes. :pachaha:

morris

Superstar
Daps
Job hopping in the key to getting money and promotion once you max out your opportunities in your current job. I used to job hop every year to 2 years and it’s helped tremendously in my career. Now I’m at a point where I’m very comfortable in my job and there’s no need to hop.
Especially nowadays when only city jobs and a select few offer pensions, no reason to dedicate yourself to a company that can downsize or go bankrupt with non C-level employees being the last to know.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Its called finding a lane and raping it while putting your people on.. The indians be having fake degrees, fake references, answers to the test, ANY MEANS NECESSARY, treat america like a whore and put the WHOLE TEAM ON! They have direct routes with no ambiguous pull yourself by bootstraps answers just do this, do this, then this and you will be in and get this money. They not tryna stunt on others because they know once they get in leadership positions they can put more of their people on. Thats just the way to move, find an industry you can dominate, find the blind spots, and take advantage, once in, create direct paths for your people and dominate with numbers. The individual lone wolf so I can stunt on others is not a winning play overall.

The indians have pushed tech as a route by highlighting it in education for a few decades now also
The "any means necessary" is too true. I've seen videos of Indian candidates busted for lip syncing in online interviews :wtf: I couldnt even think of doing something crazy like that. They'll do anything to get software jobs.

Daps
You run to Celina, Prosper, Argyle, etc. A lot of cacs have bushed Plano, Irving, Colony b/c of the academic reasons you mentioned, their kids can't get automatic enrollment in state schools through the top 7-10% rule. Their numbers are starting creep up in Southlake too which is make them uncomfortable.
True. Worked with a bunch of Plano/Plano East folks....damn near all Indian, Black American, Nigerian/Ethiopian, Pakistani etc.

Never understood how white kids will score 1350+ on the SAT and be borderline Top 10% but wanna go to UT/OU/A&M. Like they won't even TRY to aim higher. UT is a REALLY good school but they give next to nothing with aid and scholarships because every suburban kid wants to go there.

Had a coworker whose kid scored like 1540 on the SAT. Top 3% at one of the Frisco schools. National Merit Finalist...STEM major....UT wasn't offering shyt. Ended up at either Duke or Harvard but got plenty of $$$$. Shyt UT Dallas throws money at you too. Kids get full rides and a bunch of cash to go there.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps

Yep.

And that's what I'm saying. They're fine when it's middle class...but when Patel is upper-upper middle class and wealthy bc parents are in IT making 300k per year and taking over wealthy white neighborhoods, these white execs that live in those same areas begin to notice :mjpls:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If they are underpaid they probably don't leetcode or go through the whole prep process in order to pass the bar of the companies paying the most. Unless they change that it won't matter, if you can't pass the contrived ass coding rounds all the experience in the world won't matter
I think many are underpaid because they've chosen to stay at their job longer though, that's who I'm mainly referring to. A lot of cats have stayed at their current jobs for 5-10 years and are realizing these kids are making much more than them. I've worked with a few cats like this: a lot of experience, a lot of knowledge, underpaid.

Many high-paying companies don't do Leetcode and this is coming from someone who grinds Leetcode.

Anything FANG/Big Tech def. going to drill Leetcode, but many companies out there who pay just a tier below that screen in a different ways as well. Plus other factors: degree vs no degree, domain-specific knowledge like embedded systems, etc. I know somebody who absolutely bombed some Leetcode mediums but ended up getting a job because they knew their C++ very well and was a hobbyist in the field at the company he applied to.

Last edited:

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
The "any means necessary" is too true. I've seen videos of Indian candidates busted for lip syncing in online interviews :wtf: I couldnt even think of doing something crazy like that. They'll do anything to get software jobs.
Facts breh, we cant play both sides with the when we know this is not a meritocracy. Every group puts their own, thats the way it is.. That hyper individuality has pros and cons and that is definitely one of the cons. While you were doing it for self and telling your peeps pulls themselves by bootstraps, they were saying we know how white americans do it and try to tell others follow the rules as a deterrent, fukk that hack the system and strength in numbers lets all get on..

We see the samething in other situations too

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I feel like this is partially race based.

Without giving much away about my job, I can tell you that literally EVERY person (well about 7 outta 10) buying a new house in this economy are Indian, and they ALL are immigrants making high 6 figures in software engineering, or some form of IT. Buying $700,000 and up houses. ALL remote jobs.
And it's like, how is it they immediately come to America and get a $160,000 job right out the gate in their early 20s? No masters degree, no MBA, nothing.

Meanwhile, you have American kids of all races, including WHITE, who go to college and graduate and barely are able to find a job paying enough to pay back loans or cover rent.

And good for the Indians, but you can't tell me, educationally, that every major American college isn't as good as schools in India when it comes to tech curriculum. I know there's some great colleges in India, but I'm just speaking as a whole.

And most of these IT ppl are just chillin all day and only there in case something happens. There's no way this wasn't going to happen once these white execs figured out ways to automate certain IT tasks, and/or place more responsibility on other roles so they can cut the number of additional ppl.

I hope no brehs lost their jobs, especially on here. Some of these Indians are pretty racist and stand-offish despite being the same skin color or darker than brehs.
It's really complicated because it's also a numbers thing and a privilege thing. There's definitely a bias, plus perhaps experience in either their own or dealing with other people.
If you take the top 10% of the world (it's best and brightest) you get 760 million people.
You take every single American (many are idiots): 340 million.

So for every American you see there are two or more top 10% performers in the world out there.

We're basically competing with the best of the best in this field, and we're outnumbered bad: they all want those high-paying spots that we want.

If somebody wants to get in this industry they got to be ready to compete, no way around it. People need to stop being soft and really embrace that mentality that they're up against the best around the world and life doesn't meet us halfway all the time. That's what keeps me grounded: I know a lot of people want to do what I do so I got to do what it takes to stay ahead.

Only thing keeping a firehose of international talent from coming into this country and it really getting thick competitively at the very top is American legislature asking them to go through due process. That's it and people are getting way too comfortable with that or are relying on laws rather than getting better themselves. We can only control how much we prepare, all that other stuff like legislation and how other people vote are out of our hands.
When you look at the illegal immigrants from a place like Mexico (not even counting their skilled immigrants):
You got immigrants out there surviving some crazy shyt to make it across those borders and right into a safe landing spot stateside: outwitting border patrol, advanced security/tech/surveillance, bearing weights/other people on top of them for long ass journeys, etc. You best believe the ones who made it are pretty dang cunning, clever and mentally tough. They probably been through some shyt and solved problems the average American knows absolutely nothing about and in many ways would be labeled as a "bad ass" if somebody heard a story or two.

Can you imagine surviving all that, going toe-to-toe with homeland security, drones, etc. to now having to work with those kind of people :mjlol:
That's why Americans look like food to the average immigrant when they see us here and I can't blame them.

Even those foreign cleaning ladies at hotels are responsible for maintaining complete hotel floors, cleaning up after people and got all that shyt looking pretty, tidy and tight that very same night. Pretty sure their houses ain't all that different either, now think about the average American's house with their kids running around with zero discipline. shyt fukk talking about their kids, they leave their own shyt all over the place for themselves to trip all over.

All this to say, and it's unfair: I really do think most companies view Americans (no matter their background/race) as a little entitled compared to the hoops immigrants jumped through and dedication they see from some trying to get here. I wouldn't say it's just Indians doing the discrimination though. I'd say many in high-positions of the company will have bias when their ass is on the line to hire good, responsible people and not job hoppers who are going to post all over social media (of which many of us Americans are showing the mentality to have recently). People were literally trying to hit on wallstreetbets so that they can quit their jobs and some did. In contrast, they see an immigrant from a poor country who busted their ass to work their way to get to that interview in front of them and they immediately have some trust towards them. If I'm being honest, I also can't front a lot of these cats I work with are unreliable af compared to the foreign talent we hired.

Same thing goes for people from the hood, however the difference is only the more well-known tough locations like "South Central LA" or Baltimore stick out to people and are recognizable. Unfortunately, you can't even put "South Central LA" on a resume. Some people from some real shytty neighborhoods around America may come from much tougher neighborhoods to survive, outwit law enforcement and be good enough to make it to that interview but those counties/cities don't ring a bell to whoever is scanning the resumes. Inglewood don't even look like a place you can claim anymore that shows the same character it once had and I even told an interviewer once I was from Long Beach and she was like "I love Long Beach!" Compare that with somebody who's hometown is The Democratic Republic of the Congo and they straight up look more like they're a survivor.

It all kind of goes back to this right here when you read the replies. There's definitely a bias. Mind you I'm sure plenty of those people in the replies are people in charge of hiring:

Last edited: