Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I feel like this is partially race based.

Without giving much away about my job, I can tell you that literally EVERY person (well about 7 outta 10) buying a new house in this economy are Indian, and they ALL are immigrants making high 6 figures in software engineering, or some form of IT. Buying $700,000 and up houses. ALL remote jobs.
And it's like, how is it they immediately come to America and get a $160,000 job right out the gate in their early 20s? No masters degree, no MBA, nothing.

Meanwhile, you have American kids of all races, including WHITE, who go to college and graduate and barely are able to find a job paying enough to pay back loans or cover rent.

And good for the Indians, but you can't tell me, educationally, that every major American college isn't as good as schools in India when it comes to tech curriculum. I know there's some great colleges in India, but I'm just speaking as a whole.

And most of these IT ppl are just chillin all day and only there in case something happens. There's no way this wasn't going to happen once these white execs figured out ways to automate certain IT tasks, and/or place more responsibility on other roles so they can cut the number of additional ppl.

I hope no brehs lost their jobs, especially on here. Some of these Indians are pretty racist and stand-offish despite being the same skin color or darker than brehs.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
this is tech. Companies will poach workers with in demand skills. Employers know this. Don’t jump every 6 months but be strategic.
I’m a tech recruiter my dude. Notice I said resume which means applicant, poaching is a totally diff scenario.

Spence

Superstar
Daps

Without giving much away about my job, I can tell you that literally EVERY person (well about 7 outta 10) buying a new house in this economy are Indian, and they ALL are immigrants making high 6 figures in software engineering, or some form of IT. Buying $700,000 and up houses. ALL remote jobs.
And it's like, how is it they immediately come to America and get a $160,000 job right out the gate in their early 20s? No masters degree, no MBA, nothing.

Meanwhile, you have American kids of all races, including WHITE, who go to college and graduate and barely are able to find a job paying enough to pay back loans or cover rent.

And good for the Indians, but you can't tell me, educationally, that every major American college isn't as good as schools in India when it comes to tech curriculum. I know there's some great colleges in India, but I'm just speaking as a whole.

And most of these IT ppl are just chillin all day and only there in case something happens. There's no way this wasn't going to happen once these white execs figured out ways to automate certain IT tasks, and/or place more responsibility on other roles so they can cut the number of additional ppl.

I hope no brehs lost their jobs, especially on here. Some of these Indians are pretty racist and stand-offish despite being the same skin color or darker than brehs.
It’s called nepotism

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
It’s called nepotism

How so?

The ppl doing the hiring are mostly white. But many of them are clueless about tech outside of buzzwords, and just automatically assume someone foreign knows IT.

And good on Indians for milking a hole in the American system. Bc they come over here, find a gf/wife and both are making big money right outta the gate and start a family. It's like Mexicans who told me that in Mexico they are trained to do labor jobs that exist in America for the sole purpose of coming over here to make good money....which they can then wire that money back to Mexico until their family can get over here

But once White ppl start seeing their wealthy, all-white neighborhoods turning majority brown, and their kids schools turning brown, eyes get opened & you know what's coming next..

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
How so?

The ppl doing the hiring are mostly white. But many of them are clueless about tech outside of buzzwords, and just automatically assume someone foreign knows IT.

And good on Indians for milking a hole in the American system. Bc they come over here, find a gf/wife and both are making big money right outta the gate and start a family. It's like Mexicans who told me that in Mexico they are trained to do labor jobs that exist in America for the sole purpose of coming over here to make good money....which they can then wire that money back to Mexico until their family can get over here

But once White ppl start seeing their wealthy, all-white neighborhoods turning majority brown, and their kids schools turning brown, eyes get opened & you know what's coming next..
My observation, they are good at their jobs and generally hard workers and more efficient developers than American engineers. Indians are also better than average communicators. They are not timid like Chinese engineers I have worked with. Recruiters probably have a lot of success with them so lean towards them subconsciously.

You are right, Indians are disproportionately homebuyers in this current market in DFW. They find a mate early, usually one who is also making good money, live below means for 3-4 years, buy a house in Frisco. Go to Irving/Plano, there are apartment complexes where they are literally like 75% of the residents. Then the neighborhood down the road with the single family homes is where they all move in a few years. Gotta tip our cap to how they move.

Last edited:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Job hoppers get thrown in the trash bin, but all you need is one desperate company to say yes :manny:
So @Spence you don't recruit techs who worked as IT contractors? Nigs working them 4-6 months niche gigs are faneto, huh?
Job hoppers made massive gains in the last couple years. Don't confuse people who ditch jobs within a couple months to strategic hoppers. There's a purpose.

I’m a tech recruiter my dude. Notice I said resume which means applicant, poaching is a totally diff scenario.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
My observation, they are good at their jobs and generally hard workers and more efficient developers than American engineers. Indians are also better than average communicators.

I was with you on the first sentence but that second sentence you lost me as my experience has been the opposite :pachaha: Literally consistently the worst communicators of any group of people on this planet. The reason they are so deep in tech is India is a services economy with a heavy tech focus with not many homegrown companies like Tiktok, Tencent, Temu, etc and they put each other on even if their weakest aren't great at the role.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
So @Spence you don't recruit techs who worked as IT contractors? Nigs working them 4-6 months niche gigs are faneto, huh?
If it isn’t noted on the resume, and it’s 3+ contracts in a row we aren’t looking at them since we assume they still want to contract and will be gone once the next high paying contract comes along.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps

Its called finding a lane and raping it while putting your people on.. The indians be having fake degrees, fake references, answers to the test, ANY MEANS NECESSARY, treat america like a whore and put the WHOLE TEAM ON! They have direct routes with no ambiguous pull yourself by bootstraps answers just do this, do this, then this and you will be in and get this money. They not tryna stunt on others because they know once they get in leadership positions they can put more of their people on. Thats just the way to move, find an industry you can dominate, find the blind spots, and take advantage, once in, create direct paths for your people and dominate with numbers. The individual lone wolf so I can stunt on others is not a winning play overall.

The indians have pushed tech as a route by highlighting it in education for a few decades now also

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
If it isn’t noted on the resume, and it’s 3+ contracts in a row we aren’t looking at them since we assume they still want to contract and will be gone once the next high paying contract comes along.

winslow-odd-fellow.gif

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
My observation, they are good at their jobs and generally hard workers and more efficient developers than American engineers. Indians are also better than average communicators. They are not timid like Chinese engineers I have worked with. Recruiters probably have a lot of success with them so lean towards them subconsciously.

You are right, Indians are disproportionately homebuyers in this current market in DFW. They find a mate early, usually one who is also making good money, live below means for 3-4 years, buy a house in Frisco. Go to Irving/Plano, there are apartment complexes where they are literally like 75% of the residents. Then the neighborhood down the road with the single family homes is where they all move in a few years. Gotta tip our cap to how they move.

you are right about DFW, BUT I'm actually referring to entire country. I rarely work with DFW clients. But the result is the same, like they all are in the same playbook. Georgia, Florida, Cali...don't matter. They are the overwhelming majority of home buyers. And not average priced homes.

I'll give them props for sticking together as ppl, and yeah they do live in apartments for a few years. But they'll be living in an apartment making $300,000 between husband and wife to save up. And then suddenly buy a $800,000 house. That's a mentality I personally have, but I don't feel like Black ppl as a whole share that thought process.

But my point in this thread is basically that these companies can layoff 10 IT ppl wnd immediately recoup $1+ million dollars, while either automating some of the tech or loading more responsibility on other workers.

When they monitor how many times someone is "away", or inactive from their computer during their shift, they know who's working and who's not