Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:banderas:Salaries were stagnant for decades. COVID finally gave workers some power and were able to finally be paid more reasonable salaries. Welp. That lasted 2 years. If folk don't think this shyt is all by design, then I don't know what to tell you.
Thats why I don't feel bad for job hopping for more money. I knew the pendulum would eventually swing back the other way.
:yeshrug:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Think about the people that made those videos? Usually jobs that were not tech heavy. HR, marketing, etc. I can't remember seeing those videos from Dev/Engineering roles.

Still, these idiots didn't realize if you aint doing shyt, keep it under wraps. Don't broadcast it to the world!
Grwm as I work for 30 min and get paid for 8hrs ..all 2021 on TikTok

830 check out email
930: breakfast
1030 meeting
12 lunch
130 quick gym
230 snack break
4pm shift ends

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Think about the people that made those videos? Usually jobs that were not tech heavy. HR, marketing, etc. I can't remember seeing those videos from Dev/Engineering roles.

Still, these idiots didn't realize if you aint doing shyt, keep it under wraps. Don't broadcast it to the world!
at least I have the sense to play YouTube tutorials on coding while I’m off getting into mischief :dead:.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m wonder if twitter still “functioning” with a depleted fraction of engineers and other staff is being closely monitored by other companies.

Like yeah they’re going through some chaos, fukkery and realignment on the backend, however the company is still “functional”.
Yea I’m sure companies are looking at that but that would be stupid. We have no idea what’s going on behind closed doors and twitter is pretty stable. What exactly are they coming by out with?

Now if Apple or Microsoft cuts half their engineers/devs and still functioning without issue then I’d be surprised.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats why I don't feel bad for job hopping for more money. I knew the pendulum would eventually swing back the other way.
:yeshrug:

Bruh, employers tried to make us feel bad about job hopping. Warning us that it would hurt our career. More fukking lies. If you aren’t job hopping you are shooting yourself in the foot. It’s like cell plans. New users get the best deals.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
When you actually have to start doing the work everyone claims they want to do during interviews :unimpressed:
I gotta figure out a way to maintain availability of our service to 99.999% and reduce aws spend by millions of dollars :mjcry:
Least I won't be lying during system design interviews anymore I guess but annual review objectives about to start getting crazy now that belts are tightening

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
When you actually have to start doing the work everyone claims they want to do during interviews :unimpressed:
I gotta figure out a way to maintain availability of our service to 99.999% and reduce aws spend by millions of dollars :mjcry:
Least I won't be lying during system design interviews anymore I guess but annual review objectives about to start getting crazy now that belts are tightening
Use lambda to trigger stuff rather than keeping infra fully scaled

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
In many ways 5% less pay still is minimal, especially if you're making big money like $300k TC.

Right now the people feeling it the most are juniors.

Companies are favoring Seniors willing to take a pay cut - in many ways these Seniors taking on these new Junior-level salaries are some of the highest salaries they'll see during the careers.

In many ways, it's almost like the industry is going to reward those with experience that really were getting underpaid.

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In many ways 5% less pay still is minimal, especially if you're making big money like $300k TC.

Right now the people feeling it the most are juniors.

Companies are favoring Seniors willing to take a pay cut - in many ways these Seniors taking on these new Junior-level salaries are some of the highest salaries they'll see during the careers.

In many ways, it's almost like the industry is going to reward those with experience that really were getting underpaid.

Nah, bruh. It's still five percent less. I get that shyt changes all the time, but there's no world where I'm going to be completely cool with knowing I'm getting paid less intentionally.