Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
Like I said back on the first page, an experienced IT pro can weather this storm by incorporating and working on Corp to Corp contracts as a vendor or service provider. You will save the customer by lowering their payroll and related taxes and you will put more money in your pocket and free yourself from the whims of corporate management.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Data is fine to handle with A.I and in many ways will enhance and exponentially improve health issue detection, but many won't opt for A.I nurses or physical medical care via A.I. We're a long way from that happening.

In many ways nurses are already using automation and advanced monitoring tools. They've actually been using A.I for awhile now.

Self-driving cars are out there killing people, don't need that disaster class in a hospital. Nor do I think a hospital would sign up for the liability.

No one mentioned AI nurses.

There will always be a human in the decision making loop.

Healthcare in general is way behind the curve when it comes to the deployment of AI technologies. I'm involved on a project with a huge hospital and you'd be shocked at how archaic processes are. The applications are vast... Inventory optimization, infectious disease prevention, proactive diagnoses, surgery scheduling...

If you're in tech and specializing in healthcare, there's plenty of work. And will be for years to come.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Now these idiots aren't gonna make it.

Laid-off Googlers say they're frustrated about being treated as external candidates for internal roles even though they're still being paid​

"I thought we were family"

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No one mentioned AI nurses.

There will always be a human in the decision making loop.

Healthcare in general is way behind the curve when it comes to the deployment of AI technologies. I'm involved on a project with a huge hospital and you'd be shocked at how archaic processes are. The applications are vast... Inventory optimization, infectious disease prevention, proactive diagnoses, surgery scheduling...

If you're in tech and specializing in healthcare, there's plenty of work. And will be for years to come.
No I get that, the original reply was only basically saying the pure healthcare work (the care work itself, not so much the admin/research/data end) are one of the safest from A.I while plenty of the other work can be delegated to tech.

A lot of other industries/jobs like to say they need a human touch, but they don't compare to the kind the real health care work does.

The health industry got a lot of tech people working in there no doubt, I've contemplated about applying to a few on the software side and leave that option open in the future myself. Embedded systems for the medical equipment for example will basically always need software folks to build and innovate because having performance and error-free code in those kind of things are critical (I can see something like Rust make a big impact here).

Last edited:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
How mentally defeated do you have to be to want to stay with the company that already decided to discard you like yesterdays trash?

Not to mention you will have to give up that fat severance check too if you were able to get another internal role.
You'd be surprised at how much of layoff culture is nothing more than firing someone at a job and then instantly bringing them back to the same job for 78% of the pay.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finance and tech people always have to get that periodic reminder every 4-5 years are so that they are not some special snowflake class who are irreplaceable
True but companies do some dumb shyt that actually hurts them more than thr employee. I’ve seen some superstars get canned and leave with the knowledge and those left struggle to replace them.

But you have to be a hired gun man. Just look out for you, companies are only looking out for them. They will spin so much shot as being a plus for employees but those things do not get done unless the company benefits. Remember that. Every “nice” thing a company does there is an ulterior motive.

What I hope becomes popular is new hires negotiating their severance package as part of the hiring process. Keep your perks, I want 6 months severance minimum. Hell, let that be part of the perks companies use to lure new talent.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
"I thought we were family"

SlEKvBF.jpg

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Like I said back on the first page, an experienced IT pro can weather this storm by incorporating and working on Corp to Corp contracts as a vendor or service provider. You will save the customer by lowering their payroll and related taxes and you will put more money in your pocket and free yourself from the whims of corporate management.
Maybe. Contractors are the typically the first to go though. The way you weather the storm is knowing you going to be in a storm in the first place. There is no sure fire way to ever avoid a layoff, cause you don't know what each individual company values, or why the layoffs even happen in the first place.

For example, as soon as the company I work for wants to save money, they pull out the list of contractors who work at the company, and they pull out them vendor support contracts and they say "what do these mufukkas do that we need to be paying them this money?"

"Secure Auth? We still use that? Wait, we got our own internal team that makes authentication software? Invite them to the next PI Planning meeting so we can get it on their Trello board for Q3. Let's go ahead and mark that Secure Auth contract termination for Q4." 185k saved right there and all I had to do was assign some work to a team I don't know shyt about.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
This is why I said earlier healthcare will always be legit. It's basically the only field that prefers a real human touch.

Doctors, nurses, etc. will always be good.

Even as a software engineer I don't want an A.I controlled instrument making any kind of contact with me whatsoever.
You know medicine wants to rely heavily on Algos and they already do to a certain extent :whistle:

Medicine just has a problem with “talent”. But this reshuffling might expedite things.