Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its-over-over.gif

Computer Science Majors Will Earn Less This Year After Tech Layoffs​

Starting salaries are projected to drop by 4% for the class of 2023 as companies including Google and Facebook cut costs.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
its-over-over.gif

Computer Science Majors Will Earn Less This Year After Tech Layoffs​

Starting salaries are projected to drop by 4% for the class of 2023 as companies including Google and Facebook cut costs.

:banderas:Salaries were stagnant for decades. COVID finally gave workers some power and were able to finally be paid more reasonable salaries. Welp. That lasted 2 years. If folk don't think this shyt is all by design, then I don't know what to tell you.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

Just months after Meta laid off 11,000 employees, there are signs the company could be preparing for another wave of cuts.

The parent company of Facebook and Instagram has reportedly ranked thousands of employees as “subpar”in a recent wave of performance reviews. And that’s raising fears among workers that more belt-tightening is on the way.

Those concerns come after CEO and founder Mark Zuckerberg declared 2023 a “year of efficiency” at the company on an earnings call at the beginning of February. Meta also did away with a bonus metric, the Wall Street Journal reports.
—-
Damn demon risked it all on his meta verse bullshyt and privacy infringement settlements

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:banderas:Salaries were stagnant for decades. COVID finally gave workers some power and were able to finally be paid more reasonable salaries. Welp. That lasted 2 years. If folk don't think this shyt is all by design, then I don't know what to tell you.

shyt like That is why I dont mind Gen Z act the way they do.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
i recommend people to get into management. Management typically fares better during layoffs in tech in my experience. But you have to be upper management and not just a middle manager.
Has to be upper management. Middle management is usually an easy place to cut the fat. High-performing teams can usually continue to execute without missing a beat when the middle manager is removed.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!

It had to happen. Tech heads ruined a lot of markets working remotely. They also did it to themselves showing thay they did minimal work for maximum pay lol. Hopefully this returns shyt back to somewhat normal. Doubt it tho.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It had to happen. Tech heads ruined a lot of markets working remotely. They also did it to themselves showing thay they did minimal work for maximum pay lol. Hopefully this returns shyt back to somewhat normal. Doubt it tho.
Think about the people that made those videos? Usually jobs that were not tech heavy. HR, marketing, etc. I can't remember seeing those videos from Dev/Engineering roles.

Still, these idiots didn't realize if you aint doing shyt, keep it under wraps. Don't broadcast it to the world!

papa pimp

All Star
Daps

If you rode the FAANG wave, its been fun but its a brave new world. I struggle to see how most big tech will continue to keep pace with the growth/revenue they experienced the last 10-15 years.Though they'll still be high paying roles, the cushy perks of yesteryear are not coming back.

Forsaken

All Star
Daps

If you rode the FAANG wave, its been fun but its a brave new world. I struggle to see how most big tech will continue to keep pace with the growth/revenue they experienced the last 10-15 years.Though they'll still be high paying roles, the cushy perks of yesteryear are not coming back.
Always new tech companies popping up. Always money to be made if you willing to pivot and learn new things.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I’m wonder if twitter still “functioning” with a depleted fraction of engineers and other staff is being closely monitored by other companies.

Like yeah they’re going through some chaos, fukkery and realignment on the backend, however the company is still “functional”.