Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Golstrag

Rookie
Daps
Cybersecurity brothers.

Been in IT for about 12 years, last three in cybersecurity. Currently working for one of the larger Cybersecurity vendors, and will be finishing my 4th (and final) interview with one of the larger telecoms next week.

Let’s get it.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cybersecurity brothers.

Been in IT for about 12 years, last three in cybersecurity. Currently working for one of the larger Cybersecurity vendors, and will be finishing my 4th (and final) interview with one of the larger telecoms next week.

Let’s get it.
You mean cybersecurity is where it's at?

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Cybersecurity brothers.

Let’s get it.
See its your first post, not sure if you aware but your talents should also be here in 6 certs section

Daps
Cybersecurity brothers.

Let’s get it.
What do you think about a Sales career in Cybersecurity? Especially for black men.

Daps
Thanks for responding. Looking/ Researching to find a rewarding and lucrative career after the military
Business analysis is cool. You get to talk to a lot of different part of the business. The part i hate the most is that : sometimes people dont respond as quick to requests so it slows down the work. Also you gotta make sure you like working for your manager.

advice i would give you is to:
- have good organization.
- document everything
- dont be afraid to voice objection or opinions.

Are you going to work in an agile team?
s

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Thanks for responding. How's work life? What does career advancement look like? is it slow, average or rapid?
Work/life varies. I would have a worse balance if I were more into sales but I'd make more money. You can't go far without a securities license and most require a firm to sponsor you. If you're going the sales route, growth is almost unlimited. I'm in Ops/Compliance.