Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's really not a tech industry problem, but a multiple industry problem.

Why did many people go into tech in the first place? Modern pay, modern quality of life, etc.

Market got saturated with people who would have went into other fields.

Tech will bounce back, but it's time for those other fields to pay more and step into 2022 because they're the ones who may not survive tech's next major push when it pulls more talent once again.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Not me though, got a tech job in a non tech industry. :umad:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's really not a tech industry problem, but a multiple industry problem.

Why did many people go into tech in the first place? Modern pay, modern quality of life, etc.

Market got saturated with people who would have went into other fields.

Tech will bounce back, but it's time for those other fields to pay more and step into 2022 because they're the ones who may not survive tech's next major push when it pulls more talent once again.
Furthermore most of those gigs have analogs outside silicon valley. After all, your computer scientists, data scientists, engineers, etc are literally the smartest people in society. They could work at any place ranging from the CDC, to Walmart (corporate office), to nasa, to academia, to pharmaceuticals, etc.

It's the folks with the bullsht job descriptions and nonStem backgrounds that might be struggling tho.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

pay your rent with The Sims4 brehs
h5eyQFe.png

morris

Superstar
Daps
my earnings call is at 2pm today fingers crossed lol I need that bag
How'd it go?
:mjlol:

shyt list social media companies that mafukkas knew from day 1 was gone eventually flop

The average tech job has no real worry
nah...many have real cash flow problems. especially since MOST SMB tech companies reply on investment rounds. For every 1 company that get s it 3 don't
If you get sacked from a major company, gotta take the bullet and go for a smaller or midsize company

6Certs gang never lose out on money
See post above; now an engineer will survive unless the dept is full; seen those get laid off as well
So is the dope man.... :wow:

you-got-a-job-angel-salazar.gif

:lolbron:
assassins NEVER go hungry.

never and nowhere/ they're global eaters

Daps
I am a Business Analyst which is high demand. I dont sell insurance or work support. Plus im one of the best on my team so if they wanna get rid me :yeshrug:
what do you do as a business analyst? What do like and don't like about your profession? pros and cons? Any advice for someone entering the field?

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
what do you do as a business analyst? What do like and don't like about your profession? pros and cons? Any advice for someone entering the field?
Business analysis is cool. You get to talk to a lot of different part of the business. The part i hate the most is that : sometimes people dont respond as quick to requests so it slows down the work. Also you gotta make sure you like working for your manager.

advice i would give you is to:
- have good organization.
- document everything
- dont be afraid to voice objection or opinions.

Are you going to work in an agile team?

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Company I worked for is owned by a top 50 tech company. It is looking bad. All the internal positions that I had apply for has been frozen when I tried to move over :mjcry:. Also, there is not many internal jobs anymore, no growth. The only saving grace I have is that I have another retention bonus coming in feb and three months salary guaranteed if I were to get let go.

With that said, I have always been paranoid about jobs I am always learning new things and getting different certs(charging the company I work for them lol) to make sure that if a company fires me, I can have put my best foot forward for new jobs.