Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Back4The1stTime

All Star
Daps
Have they though? Because you would think with the remote work shift and then another back into office Dell would be selling laptops and desktops out the ass right now.
I think with the completion in the market it has hurt Dell to a certain extent. Dell use to be the go to for all computer needs especially in the business sector but now I'm starting to see more MAC's, Acer, Google Chrome Books, and Lenovos just to name a few.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Homegirl of mine got on with Intel about 8 months ago. Making 140K, free medical, fully remote, flex PTO. Just told today, 6% salary cut, 401k down to 2% from 9, and no bonus this quarter.

She’s probably cheaper than the other within her team. She’s looking for a job now just in case they cut her the next round.

She better run, not walk. It's coming.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Zoom laying off 15%- 1300 folks
These CEO’s must be reading from the same layoff manual. They are all laying off due to “uncertainty of the global economy” and not necessarily performance :francis:. At least the job market is still strong outside of tech. Hopefully some of these people get something relatively quick.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
These CEO’s must be reading from the same layoff manual. They are all laying off due to “uncertainty of the global economy” and not necessarily performance :francis:. At least the job market is still strong outside of tech. Hopefully some of these people get something relatively quick.

It's also a form of collusion. No more pricing war for talent. Remember what Apple and Google did back in 2015? Salaries go back down.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
It's also a form of collusion. No more pricing war for talent. Remember what Apple and Google did back in 2015? Salaries go back down.
What I feel like this is really about. A lot of these companies don't even need to layoff looking at their financials.
They get to trim the fat laying off a lot of Staff engineers who were basically in vest and rest mode while also resetting the salary offer bands for '23 and '24
Then the psychological effect of the layoffs has every one focused and working harder as they push stricter KPIs and metrics :wow:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was gonna try to get into cyber security during pandemic too. Thank god :picard:
You did the right thing. Cybersecurity is extremely top heavy. With the lion share of the money going to really senior people. You could spend years trying to climb the ladder while getting worked into the ground.
I wouldn't do it for less than 100K for the amount of shyt they expect you to know.