Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, per the subject of this thread, you can dropped by any company for any reason. You have to pick the right one. My first company made a commitment to not layoff anybody during all the commotion with covid. I’m going on my third year with them and I don’t really do shyt and my job isnt in jeopardy or anything like that. No space is 100% secure but my phone/email has been jumping for like 3-4 years straight. They basically chased me down for this role.

I would also argue that conservatives lean more towards contractors than hiring people on the gov side. They want small government. They would rather there be no government employees and have everything contracted out.
I was working for the Feds during the Obama years. When Republicans we're doing everything they could to cripple Government with spending cuts.

Saw a ton of people laid off or forced to take contract roles overseas just to have a job. You had shutdowns, sequestration all kinds of fukk shyt going on.

I've had offers to go back and get a TS clearance again. But each time I decline. Just way too much crap and red tape to deal with.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was working for the Feds during the Obama years. When Republicans we're doing everything they could to cripple Government with spending cuts.

Saw a ton of people laid off or forced to take contract roles overseas just to have a job. You had shutdowns, sequestration all kinds of fukk shyt going on.

I've had offers to go back and get a TS clearance again. But each time I decline. Just way too much crap and red tape to deal with.
Yeah it really does depend on the particulars of the gig. There is a lot of paperwork involved in government work no doubt. But my quality of life has never been better though and I’ve worked for a number of private sector folks as well. I haven’t had anyone question my productivity numbers in over 2 years which just feels amazing coming from places where it was brought up like every week.

There’s a reason I’m so comfortable to try and work two jobs even though it’s frowned upon.

ItzRailT

All Star
Daps
I'm sure the people who was during those day in the videos we're the first people to lose they jobs.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

papa pimp

All Star
Daps

the market is still tight. payroll added is not as crazy as December but still historic levels.

Intel's CEO, execs, and management all took pay cuts to shield their hourly workers. Commendable.

Jerome Powell will speak in 2 hours...

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

the market is still tight. payroll added is not as crazy as December but still historic levels.

Intel's CEO, execs, and management all took pay cuts to shield their hourly workers. Commendable.

Jerome Powell will speak in 2 hours...
Isn’t he the same guy who said folks have too much money. And it’s causing inflation. So they planned to cause chaos.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I recently sold something on ebay and was shocked they don't even use paypal anymore
PayPal is always on the customer/buyer side. So scumbags from 3rd world countries can buy your product, get it, then call PayPal and say they didn’t authorize the payment. And PayPal will refund the customer back their money. And the customer gets to keep the sh1t they bought.

Not surprised companies will seek alternative routes.