Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
How long is going to take for the public and more importantly, regulators, to start being more loud about the fact that so many of these new fangled tech companies from the last 5 years were nothing but VC pump and dumps similar to Initial Coin Offerings in the Crypto industry? Except these are lot worse because there's a connection to real money, real banks, the real economy, and people's livelihoods. Look no further than Clubhouse, Wish, or anything Adam Neumann has been involved with for examples of this. Nothing but fugazi valuations, companies that are completely fukking useless (or exist nothing more as an answer in search of an actual problem) - who wins? The VCs and everyone else involved .
When the company's M.O. is "scale to infinity" and their answer to when they'll be profitable is "we need more funding" I think we're in trouble.
VC's like Andreeson need to be locked up , and they should be forced to return all of the money they have scammed and pilfered

Not to mention the way they fund companies (be white, male and from stanford, harvard or berkeley). They’ve figured out the recipe for success! Just fund all white males from harvard and boom.

VCs need to disappear from the face of the earth. Never have I seen a more insufferable group of smug, know it all a$$holes

BlackJesus

Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
This girl here was def getting laid off.
she showed up on my fyp a few times and each time everytime is was about she was getting screwed by them

This is her most viewed video and when i came across her content. Imho she seems kinda off

She’s probably autistic or atleast on the spectrum

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Not to mention the way they fund companies (be white, male and from stanford, harvard or berkeley). They’ve figured out the recipe for success! Just fund all white males from harvard and boom.

VCs need to disappear from the face of the earth. Never have I seen a more insufferable group of smug, know it all a$$holes
maybe a decade ago I called out the whole Startup scene lol it was always bullshyt but money was flowing and folks were hitting licks. Chickens coming home to roost I guess.

BlackJesus

Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
You can tell how sheltered some of these people are thinking these Corporations care about them.
:francis:

They’re hopping up on tiktok crying an and like teenagers who got sent to their room :mjlol:

They need to grow tf up

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
You can tell how sheltered some of these people are thinking these Corporations care about them.
:francis:
They’re about start slashing salaries too.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
They’re about start slashing salaries too.

with big tech it tends to be the Equity not the Base Salary that makes the TC really high. That said Remote Work + COL salary adjustments should regulate things a little, but they can't cut salaries in Cali or NY imo (there would just be incentive to work in a lower COL market)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Motherfukkers blinded by free snacks and useless amenities :mjlol: . Those things never mattered, and those companies were not your “family” because they provided you with catered lunches and a foosball table.

Shyt is like Esau selling his birthright to Jacob for a bowl of porridge, wake up
you should hear how folks sound on these D&I calls lol

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
with big tech it tends to be the Equity not the Base Salary that makes the TC really high. That said Remote Work + COL salary adjustments should regulate things a little, but they can't cut salaries in Cali or NY imo (there would just be incentive to work in a lower COL market)
Only salaries getting slashed are entry level cause they have little leverage. Experience is still in demand and will get paid. And most have already taken a paycut cause RSU is sometimes 25% to 50% of your salary or more and these tech company stock value had dropped over the past year with some over 50% declines. Thats a huge imapact a large part of your your annual income is in stocks.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
This article and the letter it references specify salaries and to cutback on the stock compensation or RSUs.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Only salaries getting slashed are entry level cause they have little leverage. Experience is still in demand and will get paid. And most have already taken a paycut cause RSU is sometimes 25% to 50% of your salary or more and these tech company stock value had dropped over the past year with some over 50% declines. Thats a huge imapact a large part of your your annual income is in stocks.
I think RSU refreshers + the new hire grants will be lower going forward.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Breh I got a couple homeboys in IT that are doing this and I’m jealous…I’ve thought about it but there’s just no way I could make it work with my schedule.

I can’t really see how anyone makes it work unless the jobs are very hands off and/or non technical. Even if I could make it work with my schedule software engineering is too exhausting for me to try and juggle another job
One job on the east coast then one on the west which is 4 hours apart giving you a lot of time in between both.