Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Worked for a bit in the Healthcare tech sector...in 2021 when cash was cheap, the company I was working for acquired something like 7 or 8 smaller healthcare IT/Tech companies and had NO fukking clue what to do with these companies, their people, the technologies, etc. come 2022 and beyond. It was a complete mess.

I remember the sales staff being about 200 people and only 8 of them actually made quota...absolutely the most unrealistic exceptions to heap onto your employees.

Last edited:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Salesforce’s New AI Strategy Acknowledges That AI Will Take Jobs​

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

So basically early pandemic, I wonder what it was pre-pandemic?

Only difference is probably the amount of people trying to get those jobs.

I remember people saying working in tech > working in the medical field :mjlol:

Truth is there are different pro’s and cons.

woeking in tech is awful. Many will see that when the recession kicks off.

tech woekers will have to battle recession and AI and CEOs who do Not respect their workers at all. Yes, every industry has CEOs like that but tech is worse because of how quickly the industry changes and how much thry rely on outsourcing labor.

”According to the source, employees had to sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) regarding the specific circumstances of the layoff rounds. Still, much is already clear. These include mostly experienced programmers, sales employees and support staff. Meanwhile, IBM continues to hire, albeit in India and not in the U.S., where there appears to be a hiring freeze. The dynamic seems to be of replacing older Americans with younger Indian employees. Although IBM has been sued several times for age discrimination since 2018, it won such lawsuits.”