Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:francis:
His career coaches and mentors failed him. Plus no professional network to lean on. Some people stay trying to ice skate uphill.

A Gen Xer with an MBA can't get a job despite over 1,500 job applications. He said his degrees have been useless.​

He simply chose the wrong degree, if he chose a liberal arts degree, he would been fine.:russ:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finance and Accounting jobs working 100hrs a week. I would quit first.

Chase, Bank of America crack down on startling workplace trend​

The Journal revealed that Chase, in most cases, will cap work hours for its junior investment bankers to 80 hours a week. The only exception to this rule would be if the bankers are working on a live deal.

Lukenas’ death brought to light the toxic work culture in the banking industry. Lukenas reportedly died from a blood clot in his heart in May amid his search for a new job after facing stress from allegedly working 100-hour workweeks at Bank of America.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Finance and Accounting jobs working 100hrs a week. I would quit first.

Chase, Bank of America crack down on startling workplace trend​

The Journal revealed that Chase, in most cases, will cap work hours for its junior investment bankers to 80 hours a week. The only exception to this rule would be if the bankers are working on a live deal.

Lukenas’ death brought to light the toxic work culture in the banking industry. Lukenas reportedly died from a blood clot in his heart in May amid his search for a new job after facing stress from allegedly working 100-hour workweeks at Bank of America.
I can believe it as the finance and accounting industry have to help bear the brunt for the fukk ups of other internal departments.

Even we had to have an internal meeting about having a work life balance and not being responsible for the lateness and ineptitude of everyone else.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can believe it as the finance and accounting industry have to help bear the brunt for the fukk ups of other internal departments.

Even we had to have an internal meeting about having a work life balance and not being responsible for the lateness and ineptitude of everyone else.
Doesn't help when Managers do fukk shyt like this to make themselves look good. I've heard of lots of middle aged IT dudes dying prematurely. If the company barely acknowledges the death I always quit. Because I can tell they probably worked these guys to death.

JPMorgan, Bank of America to crack down on long hours after death of Leo Lukenas

The moves come after The Journal published a wide-ranging exposé detailing how Bank of America managers told direct reports to lie about their extensive hours even when they exceeded an 80-hour limit put in place more than a decade ago following the death of an overworked intern.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Doesn't help when Managers do fukk shyt like this to make themselves look good. I've heard of lots of middle aged IT dudes dying prematurely. If the company barely acknowledges the death I always quit. Because I can tell they probably worked these guys to death.

JPMorgan, Bank of America to crack down on long hours after death of Leo Lukenas

The moves come after The Journal published a wide-ranging exposé detailing how Bank of America managers told direct reports to lie about their extensive hours even when they exceeded an 80-hour limit put in place more than a decade ago following the death of an overworked intern.

Quote from that article:

JPMorgan’s junior bankers have self-reported their hours through time sheets for years and are guaranteed a weekend off every three months. They also can’t be called into work from 6 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday.

This is insane. How is this not illegal?

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cancelled my Prime membership fukk them.
:scust:

Amazon ‘will return to being in the office the way we were’ before the pandemic, CEO tells employees​

The new policy, starting in January 2025, means that employees will be expected to work from the office five days a week unless there are “extenuating circumstances,” Jassy wrote as part of a broader update on Amazon’s culture.

King_Sage

All Star
Daps