Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Id hurt somebody….

Damn and I thought my situation was fukked up. I was working remote for a year and a half. The company had been bought out a few years prior. Corporate had decided changes were needed and wanting to shuffle around leadership for our team. The previous owner told me that corporate was shaking things up in the future. He told them I was remote and had no interest in moving back so I was not in the plans. My situation changed so I told him I could come back to the office. My thinking being that I can get some face time with corporate and throw my name in the mix when they reshuffle the leadership for our division. So I agree to move back. Signed a lease for a place to move back. A week before I move back I find out that corporate had already decided on all the positions and that I'd be moving back to my old position with a lesser title (same paycheck though). Pissed me off because I was lead to believe that no decisions would be made for another six months at least. Their response was that the position I was moving back for was the missing piece that they had no idea how to fill and by me taking it that put the rest of their plans in place. By that point too much was in motion to cancel the move. I stayed in office a year and a half and then just said fukk it and moved back to work remote.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Damn and I thought my situation was fukked up. I was working remote for a year and a half. The company had been bought out a few years prior. Corporate had decided changes were needed and wanting to shuffle around leadership for our team. The previous owner told me that corporate was shaking things up in the future. He told them I was remote and had no interest in moving back so I was not in the plans. My situation changed so I told him I could come back to the office. My thinking being that I can get some face time with corporate and throw my name in the mix when they reshuffle the leadership for our division. So I agree to move back. Signed a lease for a place to move back. A week before I move back I find out that corporate had already decided on all the positions and that I'd be moving back to my old position with a lesser title (same paycheck though). Pissed me off because I was lead to believe that no decisions would be made for another six months at least. Their response was that the position I was moving back for was the missing piece that they had no idea how to fill and by me taking it that put the rest of their plans in place. By that point too much was in motion to cancel the move. I stayed in office a year and a half and then just said fukk it and moved back to work remote.
With the same company? Your position must be really be needed if they let you.

Doesn’t really sound that fuccked up to me. You chose to move back breh :pachaha:

Nokids

Promise if I have a seed imma guide him right
Daps
Reppin
Too add on...
@Software
Everyone has technical skills, but not everyone articulates their value on their resume, especially their impact on REVENUE and CUSTOMERS/CLIENTS. When composing your resume, make sure it's focused on MONEY—how you're helping the company make or save money.

Just ChatGPT some examples

KvQJWvR.png
Thank you bro for real my contract coming to an end and they have no budget to reup :damn: but have been interviewing

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i was baffled when she said she "thought things would change by now" (in Amerikka? :patrice:) but then i saw "your local cali hippy" and it all makes sense now
She should use the white guy profile to say, "I'm not interested, but I have a friend who is..." and send the recruiters to her real profile.

Nokids

Promise if I have a seed imma guide him right
Daps
Reppin
Everyone hold firm. On accepting offers. Don’t take the first thing on the table. Starting to see recruiters hit me up, with $75 / hr gigs….

But yesterdays price ain’t todays price
Just got a call today after you said this fam $65-70 an hour … Serious ain’t lyin :damn:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone hold firm. On accepting offers. Don’t take the first thing on the table. Starting to see recruiters hit me up, with $75 / hr gigs….

But yesterdays price ain’t todays price
Just got a call today after you said this fam $65-70 an hour … Serious ain’t lyin :damn:
Same.
I had a conversation this afternoon with a recruiter for that range ($70-$75).
It'd be in Orange county which is expensive but at the same time, that compensation :banderas:
I'm cautiously optimistic.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Extremely common. It’s why we are in place. Typically a 3-7% return on a job posting of qualified candidates is doing pretty good.

I had 700 applicants for a remote BA role inside 72 hours and most were qualified (it was a generic BA) but when I post very niche specific qualified positions that’s about the same yield.
.... maybe they can do the job but have never done that specific thing?