Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Spence

Superstar
Daps
so this was caused by a bad job report, which the corporations/market caused
it's expected they'll get rewarded for that with a .25-.50% rate cut by the Fed soon since inflation is under control and hiring needs to pick back up
was wondering if this would lead to more layoffs (fukking up the jobs report even more) or can they wait a couple months for the rate cut

goes without saying but IANAE
Only for the rate cuts to happen in fall then a lot of layoffs right before the holidays just like Covid 2020 winter :beli:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Idiot Politicians got finessed again. And we're supposed to keep voting for the same idiots?
:mjlol:

Intel Is Cutting More Than 15,000 Jobs Despite Getting Billions From the US Government​

Intel, eyed for billions in U.S. grants, will fire 15000 workers

This intel thing is pure insanity.

Cut tens of thousands of workers and tanked the stock in one day.

Sheesh.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

Was before the talk of rate cuts due to the stock market this morning.

If I don't get out of this job, I'm hoping this rate cut will make them reconsider cutting the contract for this team doing all of our architecture work on this project. I know I wanted to be an architect one day but
not-like-this.gif

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Good news

@Spence hopefully this is common

Extremely common. It’s why we are in place. Typically a 3-7% return on a job posting of qualified candidates is doing pretty good.

I had 700 applicants for a remote BA role inside 72 hours and most were qualified (it was a generic BA) but when I post very niche specific qualified positions that’s about the same yield.