Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Nokids

Promise if I have a seed imma guide him right
Daps
Reppin
shytcanned from life-saving J2 on late Friday after just 3 weeks. Started to make some real payments towards my CC debt too.

Gave me horseshyt reasons as well. This is going to be really bad.
Was gonna ask about being overemployed to you and anybody else. I work with Data and can automate mostly everything. 100% remote and learned the schedule.

How is it? And is it worth the extra paycheck?

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
Was gonna ask about being overemployed to you and anybody else. I work with Data and can automate mostly everything. 100% remote and learned the schedule.

How is it? And is it worth the extra paycheck?

It's worth the extra paycheck, even if its a lot of moving around. No real meeting conflicts with just the single extra job, however probably worth it to be more pointed into your movement, consciously typing faster, less time on TheColi to be safe, very deliberately and just taking multiple small break in between

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Man, I heard a story by someone irl where they went through a full-on job interview and everything for a remote job. She noticed something fishy when she tried to fill out her bank info on one of their forms. They were just trying to get her personal info.

Reminder to not use your real email and don't use your real phone number on these resumes. These scammers will try to use that info and phish your bank info.

shyt is messed up. They belong in jail. Some of the people they're targeting literally have no job. Low af to go at those people.

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's common sense. Anybody complaining about that don't have the ability to see any viewpoints beyond their own. Yeah short term job hopping has its benefits and can help you bump up your salary quick but definitely has long term ramifications.

The problem is where is the loyalty in return?

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
The problem is where is the loyalty in return?
The key is to evaluate your situation and to see how others in the organization are being treated. Are people being laid off or not promoted. Is there any upward mobility. If not then yeah job hop. But don't job hop just chasing salary if you are in a good company that has good future potential.

Not every company out here is shytty. The one I'm at now is pretty good with how it treats employees so I haven't been in a hurry to leave even when frustrated. Our layoffs last year were the first time in like 20 years.