Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good too many people get promoted due to past performance who are not leaders. My old boss was a director and we were on the services side. The company made a push for sales to focus more on recurring revenue ie subscriptions, which meant less focus on one time services.

In my 1 on 1 with he was telling me all this and when I asked why didn’t anybody add a bonus multiplier or incentive to also push services he literally said this, “Huh that’s a pretty good idea I tend to stay out of the conversations”

:why: You’re the director of our org. You’re supposed to be fighting for us and make sure we’re getting work. He should’ve never been a director just give him a Sr. Title or up his pay a lot of people in those roles due have the skills to bridge that strategic gap.

Someone undeserving of the title.
-Would've thrown you and the team under the bus with no hesitation
-Regurgitate your ideas and claim it as his own. (Sometimes would shut down your ideas days/weeks later regurgitate it)

I experienced this before
It's nasty out here smh

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

giphy.gif

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Blame shareholders, blame CEOs....the greed is unquantifiable. I won't eve get into the stock buy backs and all the other nonsense that's going on that fukks the the little guy and enriches the fat cats. The stock market makes no sense.
That's why the rich got deep in their feelings four years ago when people learned how the stock market works. Once the average person got the grasp on how the market works, they demanded changes immediately.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I used to get tonnes of recruiters contacting me. Now it's very quiet. It has been months.
They're replacing junior engineers with cheaper talent from around the world. Especially places like Argentina and Mexico since they have similar time zones. Also AI.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
As mentioned before I’m in my final year of school for Electrical Engineering, basically most of the difficult courses finished. One of my cousins who I chilled with yesterday actually got his BS and MS both in Electrical Engineering.

I showed him this post from yesterday and he just said “It’s not my work, but yeah, I believe it.” and walked off shaking his head:

My cousin works Power Engineering specifically but the opportunity for remote work is absolute shyt.
This is lowkey why CEOs like Musk are being more openly right wing, as they think that populists will protect them from what NEEDS to happen.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
In addition black people/DEI being the boogeyman
That was already planned. Tech bros have always wanted a reason to legally exclude black folks. They got their change in 2020 once new blacks gave them an excuse to. Remember back in 2020 when new blacks were pushing shyt like "men can give birth" in corporate America? That gave tech fascists an excuse to turn it into "see black people are behind all this degeneracy". Gave them an excuse to attack black institutions.