Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Ok. When I was doing taxes, I explored the possibility of building my own tax prep software, spoke to a few companies and the average to build it was roughly $15,000 - $30,000.

Obviously you would pay more for updates and maintenance but just to get shyt rolling, no more than 30k. You can hire people for cheap on Fiverr for marketing shyt and social media is free.

If you have a good business plan and about $4000 - $5000 in the bank, you can try to get a small business loan or grant. You can also try to do crowd sourcing.

You can do the markup yourself. Like I said before, it takes time and creativity more than anything. There’s no code sites that are free/cheap to use and you can build a website that can turn into a business.

So when you say it takes money, how much are you talking about?
And your business plan is to hire people to build a tax prep software, and estimate that will only cost about 30k?

I don’t know sounds like a lot of unknowns from your end

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Company had a townhall meeting this morning. CEO basically reached for straws and rambled the entire time.

They even said during the company call some people have already left but people need to calm down although they already laid plenty of people off a few months ago.

Do they not realize working professionals are going to protect themselves and do what's best for their careers?

Truth is, everyone working here should be thinking about their next moves. This company is obviously not doing good.

These CEO's really expect people to go down with a sinking ship out of loyalty huh? :heh: :mjlol:

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Company had a townhall meeting this morning. CEO basically reached for straws the entire time.

They even said during the company call some people have already left but people need to calm down although they already laid plenty of people off a few months ago.

Do they not realize professionals are going to protect their careers?

Truth is, everyone working here should be thinking about their next moves.

These CEO's really expect people to go down with a sinking ship out of loyalty huh? :heh: :mjlol:
fukking exec at our company was like if you're one of the people on the way out, please stay committed to your work :sadcam:. Man fukk you and everyone you know :mjlol:

morris

Superstar
Daps
I KNOW it's a bit rough out there but this HAS to be a typo (the pay)

Right??

irMbTCh.png

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
fukking exec at our company was like if you're one of the people on the way out, please stay committed to your work :sadcam:. Man fukk you and everyone you know :mjlol:
This how I’m feeling. I could put my 2 weeks in now but they lucky it’s some shyt one of my new senior engineers doing I want to learn so I’ll stick around for another month or so. Kind of depends how I’m feeling.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Get back to us when you get to the part of the journey when you figure out how much money it is to host code on the internet, keep track of the infinite data and making sure that code is available worldwide with little downtime.
It’s 2024 and nikkas still getting epiphanies about the next “Uber for …”

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Internship? My nikka if you don’t just tell this nikka put 3-5 years on his resume and go get an actual junior network engineer role.
That's hard to do nowadays. The Interview process is more rigoeous and they're calling your previous employers now. Even these Internships hard to get and you got patel and them 50 deep applying for one role :dead:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Yall keep saying this without any understanding.

We had more workers leave the labor market during the pandemic than got replaced. This is called a demographic cliff and why unemployment is low. You can easily google what a "tight labor market" means.

There are jobs BUT employers are taking record time to fill them if they are trying to fill them at all according to surveys I've seen conducted.

Its not doom and gloom but its also not some dawn of economic prosperity right now....more a mixed bag.
Please explain to a bigginer like me? I'm about to graduate in a year and I'm looking for Internships. Hard as hell to even get those now. Engineering major