Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Microsoft probably could've used some of those cybersecurity people they laid off last year.
:mjlol:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Is there a thread where you spoke on this? If not what was your strategy, I was in the game from a few angles but mainly flipping, made great money but it didnt take long (or maybe it did) to realize I just had another job and would have to keep dealing with the BS. MOST of the wealthy cats I know got it in on rentals (obviously the appreciation of last 10 years will make anyone look like a genius). Started to pivot in different way and execute the play of building from ground up and get rentals.
The plan has to be businesses on top of your job. It's that simple. You should be making a 500k at least a year from businesses and 100k or more from your job.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Sounds like they want you to voluntarily quit to avoid paying a severance. I would just call their bluff and sue instead. If everyone did this it would get expensive real quick for companies. But most white collar workers got no balls.

Managers who don’t agree to relocate and are unable to secure a role that’s approved to be remote must “separate from IBM,” Granger wrote.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The plan has to be businesses on top of your job. It's that simple. You should be making a 500k at least a year from businesses and 100k or more from your job.

Like it's that easy breh. Most businesses fail and most poeple don't have the capital to even start a business.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like it's that easy breh

It actually is. Take a week off from work and spend that time figuring it out. People don’t do it because they don’t have time. I told my wife she needs to get other streams of income. She added two..,early stages but the money is coming in.

Do not rely on these soulless CEOs. The cats out the bag..lay-offs are a la mode even when they’re not warranted, companies aren’t doing them because they are rewarded (stock market)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It actually is. Take a week off from work and spend that time figuring it out. People don’t do it because they don’t have time. I told my wife she needs to get other streams of income. She added two..,early stages but the money is coming in.

Do not rely on these soulless CEOs. The cats out the bag..lay-offs are a la mode even when they’re not warranted, companies aren’t doing them because they are rewarded (stock market)

You're a two person household though so risks can be taken. The reg person is working his azz off to just get by with little disposable money to even try something else.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Sounds like they want you to voluntarily quit to avoid paying a severance. I would just call their bluff and sue instead. If everyone did this it would get expensive real quick for companies. But most white collar workers got no balls.

Managers who don’t agree to relocate and are unable to secure a role that’s approved to be remote must “separate from IBM,” Granger wrote.
Most of the huge corporations have attorneys on staff. The only person it'll get expensive for is the employees trying to sue.

A bunch of companies have been doing the exact same thing. The one I left did the same thing even for employees that had been remote employees years before Covid. Required everyone within 100 miles of any of the offices to have to come in 3 days a week. And those that were remote and lived nowhere near an office were pressured to move closer to one.

My close friend had two babies during the time away from office and had been told she wouldn't have to come back into the office. She was forced back too. She ended up quitting because child care would cost too much money as did plenty of others.