Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I was discussing this issue with someone who was well informed in this area.
It's basically the media using sensationalism to drum up people's emotions.
The recent layoffs are bad don't get me wrong, but the media zoomed in on particular companies because they know people are not going to look at the bigger picture.
What's the bigger issue?

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
If you're getting a developer job without being tested throughout that company is ass. Either desperate or shytty pay. I can't imagine hiring a software developer and not testing them.

Lots of mediocre to poor developers exist at every tech company...

And some of them got jobs due to friendships and or interview likeability

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the bigger issue?
Not necessarily an issue, but there's always going to be a need for tech jobs even during a recession.
Tech jobs are damn near recession proof because you need those type of skills in tech and non tech jobs.

The media will report layoffs because it's a more sensational story than stories focusing on job creation.

That's my 2 cents :yeshrug:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I was discussing this issue with someone who was well informed in this area.
It's basically the media using sensationalism to drum up people's emotions.
The recent layoffs are bad don't get me wrong, but the media zoomed in on particular companies because they know people are not going to look at the bigger picture.
yep it's big name companies that over hired and when they did they hired people who were mid or just skating by, those are the people getting laid off. Why? Recession coming and they need to trim the fat.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Some industries are counter cycle, like a bankruptcy lawyer, some are recession proof like a primary care physician or for profit ambulance, but none are INFLATION proof. Layoffs or hiring freezes in medicine are because of the inflationary pressure on cost of goods and medical fields having strict budgets to adhere to.
what's this mean?

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Strip clubs been HURTING since late last year bruh.. Know bartenders/waitress types who had to get legit jobs, that was first indicator that something rough was coming, when that PPP money dried up it streets been down bad..
this is true, depends on where though, Miami, Booby Trap on the River still booming

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
this is true, depends on where though, Miami, Booby Trap on the River still booming
Booby Trap is a unique situation. They get a specific market that spends money and I would say they are probably down percentage wise YOY. These other clubs hurting BAD down here tho..