Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
:mjtf: How you gonna bullshyt through a coding interview? I'm talking about tech positions. All that charisma shyt is for the HR and recruiter interview. Hiring manager ain't with that shyt lol
nikka i got offered a job for sr developper when all i knew was basic python, sql, java , c++ i learned in school. I had no work experience on them except sql. but my resume is structured as in a way that would entice hiring managers to talk to me.

i googles like a mf tho to come up with questions that would make it seem like i know my sht. Nikka spent 45 mns just answering my questions :dead: then he had to run to a mtg bc we were way over the hr needed. From then the Recruiter connected me to higher lvl people to talk. I knew i was gonna get an offer then :russ:

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
nikka i got offered a job for sr developper when all i knew was basic python, sql, java , c++ i learned in school. I had no work experience on them except sql. but my resume is structured as in a way that would entice hiring managers to talk to me.

i googles like a mf tho to come up with questions that would make it seem like i know my sht. Nikka spent 45 mns just answering my questions :dead: then he had to run to a mtg bc we were way over the hr needed. From then the Recruiter connected me to higher lvl people to talk. I knew i was gonna get an offer then :russ:
I love to see it.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps

:salute:
:pachaha:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good luck. shyt if possible I'd try to get involved in as many projects as possible so that you're the last person they look at to get rid of.

Even that won't save some people. Sometimes these decisions come from the top and they don't even know what people are doing. I've seen people get laid off and have to explain to their manager that they're gone.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

They didn't make you do any testing? I've had interviews for non-dev roles and had testing...Jesus!

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Strip clubs been HURTING since late last year bruh.. Know bartenders/waitress types who had to get legit jobs, that was first indicator that something rough was coming, when that PPP money dried up it streets been down bad..
Women with working vagina’s are never unemployed is what my point was.

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
Is any industry recession proof?

Crime is recession proof, because we're always going to have criminals. Politicians would have a field day on cities laying off law enforcement with the rising crime rate. Here in Virginia I know Correctional facilities are severely understaffed and local and state law enforcement are struggling to fill positions.

Teaching is another industry in strong need of qualified people. I've seen billboards while driving in North Carolina advertising teaching positions in Virginia.

All these industries are offering signing bonuses out of desperation. Problem is your earning potential may not be as high as it is in IT. It's hard to convince somebody to catch a bullet or shank for 50k when they can make double that sitting behind a computer.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Crime is recession proof, because we're always going to have criminals. Politicians would have a field day on cities laying off law enforcement with the rising crime rate. Here in Virginia I know Correctional facilities are severely understaffed and local and state law enforcement are struggling to fill positions.

Teaching is another industry in strong need of qualified people. I've seen billboards while driving in North Carolina advertising teaching positions in Virginia.

All these industries are offering signing bonuses out of desperation. Problem is your earning potential may not be as high as it is in IT. It's hard to convince somebody to catch a bullet or shank for 50k when they can make double that sitting behind a computer.
That also just goes to show how we’ve been enslaving ourselves to technology these days.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
They didn't make you do any testing? I've had interviews for non-dev roles and had testing...Jesus!
Everything that I’ve gone for had rigorous testing. So if people out there finding a way without that shyt, I can’t even be mad.

Definitely wasn’t my experience though.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was discussing this issue with someone who was well informed in this area.
It's basically the media using sensationalism to drum up people's emotions.
The recent layoffs are bad don't get me wrong, but the media zoomed in on particular companies because they know people are not going to look at the bigger picture.