Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Maybe in bumblefyck, Iowa but traveling nurses and nurses in big towns cities will always have work.

Even the ones in Buttfyck, Kentucky can still just be traveling nurses if there’s no work in there town.
My friend girl doea staffing and recruiting for traveling nurses and medical workers, they put them on a hiring freeze bro.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Some industries are counter cycle, like a bankruptcy lawyer, some are recession proof like a primary care physician or for profit ambulance, but none are INFLATION proof. Layoffs or hiring freezes in medicine are because of the inflationary pressure on cost of goods and medical fields having strict budgets to adhere to.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
As a product manager I work real close with the business analysts in my company. Be real with me. Do you really think these positions are worth six figures? I was shocked when I started looking for a new job and seeing how well other companies were paying for the position. Part of why I stayed at my old job for so long was thinking I was overpaid, only to find out industry wise I was pretty underpaid.
For sure these positions are worth that much if not more. You know why its worth it? Because we are very hard to replace. you wont believe how many stories ive heard of companies hiring people who didnt know how to do their work.

how did you become a buisness analyst
I got recruited by a company that was looking for someone with tech skills and No experience to work as a system analyst. And from there i faked it till i made it as a BA. By fakin it i mean i overpromised on my resume and made sure i delivered once i got hired in my next job. Interviewing skills is an underrated skill to have :wow:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
For sure these positions are worth that much if not more. You know why its worth it? Because we are very hard to replace. you wont believe how many stories ive heard of companies hiring people who didnt know how to do their work.

I got recruited by a company that was looking for someone with tech skills and No experience to work as a system analyst. And from there i faked it till i made it as a BA. By fakin it i mean i overpromised on my resume and made sure i delivered once i got hired in my next job. Interviewing skills is an underrated skill to have :wow:
For me I guess I compare it to my other jobs I've held and thought they were just as important but don't pay as much. Jobs like QA Manager and Software Support Manager, I preferred doing those since I love troubleshooting and would love to go back to doing it but I'm staying where the money is. I thought being able to keep customers running smooth and ensuring bug-free software was just as important. Half of my job as a product manager is already done once roadmaps are set.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some industries are counter cycle, like a bankruptcy lawyer, some are recession proof like a primary care physician or for profit ambulance, but none are INFLATION proof. Layoffs or hiring freezes in medicine are because of the inflationary pressure on cost of goods and medical fields having strict budgets to adhere to.

Yep.

I work in logistics, and the company I work for has been just fine for the last few years. But as soon as inflation started touching our clients, shyt started slowing down, and we had layoffs last week, despite a lot of folks thinking we'd be just fine.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Almost like the Fed shouldn't have been downplaying inflation and not kept rates so low for so long?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
These layoff numbers look spooky :whoo: but you got to consider how many people got hired during the pandemic
Employment was in a bubble just like the housing market so it's going to be a correction. Wages high, unemployment low, all kind of perks like WFH and free food. First sign of contraction in the economy and all that was going be snatched back

EffYou

Pissing excellence since 1995
Daps
Ima pour out some liquor and shed a tear 😢 for some of you bruhs..

shyt we’ll even set up a gofundme for those that were living above their means when things were good.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
some are actually recession proof because they are able to pass on the extra cost to the consumer - healthcare and waste management included

garbage companies often have terms in contracts that account for increased fuel costs and stuff for example

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Interviewing skills is an underrated skill to have
This is something I learned once I started applying for high paying positions. Once you get to that 3rd round of interviews, that shyt gets exhausting. It's really a skill to keep maintaining through the bullshyt.

This is why it's important to have a crazy portfolio or some projects, you can always fall back on those when they keep :usure: you

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
For me I guess I compare it to my other jobs I've held and thought they were just as important but don't pay as much. Jobs like QA Manager and Software Support Manager, I preferred doing those since I love troubleshooting and would love to go back to doing it but I'm staying where the money is. I thought being able to keep customers running smooth and ensuring bug-free software was just as important. Half of my job as a product manager is already done once roadmaps are set.
QA manager and Software support manager are easy jobs. So i understand why they dont pay that much. And by easy i mean you dont need high end skills for it
This is something I learned once I started applying for high paying positions. Once you get to that 3rd round of interviews, that shyt gets exhausting. It's really a skill to keep maintaining through the bullshyt.

This is why it's important to have a crazy portfolio or some projects, you can always fall back on those when they keep :usure: you
Breh, 90% of interviews is about charisma and bullshytting through it Lol