Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Any brehs in here ever do any of those cyber security boot camps? And for the brehs in the NYC.. has anyone gone through Colombia University’s 6 month boot camp?

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any brehs in here ever do any of those cyber security boot camps? And for the brehs in the NYC.. has anyone gone through Colombia University’s 6 month boot camp?
Aren't boot camps like well over 12K these days? I wouldn't pay for one unless my employer was help footing the bill. Especially for information that's practically free on the Internet if you look hard enough.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah. Heard it's their ads and sales teams.

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread my company is asking us to research A.I to be able to interact with customers and see if we can implement by training LLM's on our product line. It basically means they want to replace people working at this company with A.I as much as they can.

I'm trying to look for another job because that shyt is BS. I didn't sign up to be apart of this.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There will be a lot of UBI conversations because of AI
Its absolutely coming. I'm over her studying for the cloud and might be 3 years away from an A.I. assistant being able to query customers and manage their demands through a smartphone app. I might very well have to pivot to HVAC depending on how things look in a few years :russ: Funny enough HVAC was almost my plan A.

Daps
Yeah. Heard it's their ads and sales teams.

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread my company is asking us to research A.I to be able to interact with customers and see if we can implement by training LLM's on our product line. It basically means they want to replace people working at this company with A.I as much as they can.

I'm trying to look for another job because that shyt is BS. I didn't sign up to be apart of this.

No! You did, but ignored it when it wasn’t affecting you. The goal of a profit organization is to make more money with the same amount of resource's or make the same money with less resources. Whatever job description you have fits in this framework but just expressed in humane way. If your org is more than 20 years old I guarantee you that someone lost his/her job in the past due to some automation.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
No! You did, but ignored it when it wasn’t affecting you. The goal of a profit organization is to make more money with the same amount of resource's or make the same money with less resources. Whatever job description you have fits in this framework but just expressed in humane way. If your org is more than 20 years old I guarantee you that someone lost his/her job in the past due to some automation.

The problem is that socially this does not work. If all companies do this. We won't have jobs to pay for services lol.

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Yea, well...all you 6-figure, 6 certs folks...

lighting-a-cigarette-laurence-stirling.gif

All you coders...you folks are on that clock too. :ufdup:

Same goes for customer service, admin positions, advisors, financiers, animators, graphic design, etc, ETC. Basically anyone on the endless list, of ppl who sit behind a computer. :manny:

Ppl really gonna have to think about whether they wanna invest their time and energy in certain fields, and specifically their finances. All types of fields are about to get spooky. AND you can bet, we're gonna get blindsided quicker than expected in some area, we haven't foreseen, happening as quickly.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

Those things are a complete rip off.

Play around with hackthebox and try hackme and learn python, powershell and bash.

You'll be straight

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Yea, well...all you 6-figure, 6 certs folks...

lighting-a-cigarette-laurence-stirling.gif

All you coders...you folks are on that clock too. :ufdup:

Same goes for customer service, admin positions, advisors, financiers, animators, graphic design, etc, ETC. Basically anyone on the endless list, of ppl who sit behind a computer. :manny:

Ppl really gonna have to think about whether they wanna invest their time and energy in certain fields, and specifically their finances. All types of fields are about to get spooky. AND you can bet, we're gonna get blindsided quicker than expected in some area, we haven't foreseen, happening as quickly.

Over exaggeration