Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I did it brehs got an offer in place with huge fintech company before I had to relocate next month with this bs job.

Huge base and crazy benefits. :banderas:

Daps + Reps to all my brehs still hunting. stay on it you’ll find it.
Which fintech? Fiserv? Good job breh. Get that paper and then move to Japan so I can support your cafe once you get it open :salute:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
@Batsute
You speak Japanese? And I assume your job is remote?

Poorly, I haven’t studied in a while. it’s hybrid for now, but I’m downsizing on everything so I can save up enough money. Either I transfer with the company or the right akiya home comes up on my radar.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Poorly, I haven’t studied in a while. it’s hybrid for now, but I’m downsizing on everything so I can save up enough money. Either I transfer with the company or the right akiya home comes up on my radar.
So you live in Japan?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
In theory could u in work in finance without a bachelors in finance?

In the supporting business units yes, it helps you to stand out to having a finance background but it’s not mandatory. Easiest way into the finance industry would be sales and/or a strong knowledge of accounting. That’ll give you a solid foundation to learn advanced financial concepts like WACC, APV, EBIDTA ETC.

You trying to get into the industry breh?

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
In the supporting business units yes, it helps you to stand out to having a finance background but it’s not mandatory. Easiest way into the finance industry would be sales and/or a strong knowledge of accounting. That’ll give you a solid foundation to learn advanced financial concepts like WACC, APV, EBIDTA ETC.

You trying to get into the industry breh?
I was just curious about how hard/easy it would be to get into the industry

For example maybe there is like a accounting or finance cert where it could push me to the front of the line over others or maybe getting a fin/accounting masters

But I’m kinda all over the place right now lookin for damn near anything that sounds remotely interesting

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I was just curious about how hard/easy it would be to get into the industry

For example maybe there is like a accounting or finance cert where it could push me to the front of the line over others or maybe getting a fin/accounting masters

But I’m kinda all over the place right now lookin for damn near anything that sounds remotely interesting

This what our MBA program gave to us without any financial background. I recommend this and the excel course.