Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
That's acceptable loss to them, all a calculated part of the plan. Yeah you're gonna lose a few heavy hitters, but you're also gonna shed a bunch of nobodies along the way :manny: . It's the perfect stealth layoff that could only happen because people moved during the pandemic. Fortunately, once this card is played it's gone from the game.

Thats the optimistic pro FAANG outlook but those losses accrue not just within the org but over time with recruitment. Data already shows flexibility is a key priority for younger workers and is shifting the distribution of talent beyond consolidation at the top.

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
Is Certificate Software Development or
Certificate Cybersecurity Engineering

The better option in this current climate brehs ???

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Is Certificate Software Development or
Certificate Cybersecurity Engineering

The better option in this current climate brehs ???
You referring to pki? I’m sure there are plenty of roles in that and there always will be. It’s a needed position and isn’t a very “sexy” or highly touted role so I’m sure the demand is pretty good. I would expand the search and skill set from just certificate to overall IAM/Pam and identity management. You can add ADFS to AzureAD/Entra migration to that if you want to shoehorn the word “cloud security” in your resume.

I’d also maybe add platform knowledge of something like cyberark to your tool belt.

There’s a September 2024 deadline for federal agencies to develop zero trust architecture so I’m sure that going to increase the demand as well.

On a job board just look up keywords like Pki, infrastructure support/engineer/analyst, IAM, identify management, zero trust architecture, OpenSSL, Entrust, digicert, cyberark, s/mime. I literally just searched ZipRecruiter for the term “Kerberos” and there was a position titled “Software Engineer with Cybersecurity Skills”

Last edited:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
You referring to pki? I’m sure there are plenty of roles in that and there always will be. It’s a needed position and isn’t a very “sexy” or highly touted role so I’m sure the demand is pretty good. I would expand the search and skill set from just certificate to overall IAM/Pam and identity management. You can add ADFS to AzureAD/Entra migration to that if you want to shoehorn the word “cloud security” in your resume.

I’d also maybe add platform knowledge of something like cyberark to your tool belt.

There’s a September 2024 deadline for federal agencies to develop zero trust architecture so I’m sure that going to increase the demand as well.

On a job board just look up keywords like Pki, infrastructure support/engineer/analyst, IAM, identify management, zero trust architecture, OpenSSL, Entrust, digicert, cyberark, s/mime. I literally just searched ZipRecruiter for the term “Kerberos” and there was a position titled “Software Engineer with Cybersecurity Skills”

As an addendum to this since I mentioned Azure but if y’all ain’t know since last week Microsoft just made many of their certification exams open notes (you can use learn.Microsoft.com)

Daps
Reppin
NYC
more worth it to sprint..most sprint execs stay on the board and now they are poisoning tmo from the inside
damn, every time I hear about Tmobile its data breach, layoffs, plans going up, stores closing, fraud with the 3rd party stores...seems like they been in a free fall for a minute.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I've lived that life :to:

Same here but now I am thriving now...I'm more on the hardware side but for the new entrants into the field, hospitals, universities, government agencies are still looking for new talent to replace the losses from the pandemic and those who refuse in-person work..