Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're watching a historic transition right now. It's a shake up and reminds me of the restructuring after 9/11 20 years ago. Something else will rise out of the ashes. Think back to 2002, 2003. Then fast forward to right now. Tech and the world in general have made major major shifts. This is another shift we're in the midst of.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Luckily still been getting a lot of calls from recruiters. Definitely thinking about going back to work soon cause every month I can feel shyt getting tighter and tighter in the economy.

Gotta look no further than the last/first week of the month when all my old chicks coming out the woodworks trying to slide back in :francis:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I was interviewing with them last yr then something told me to pullout of the process lmfao and like clock work
I have an offer letter still in my inbox from Amazon. Would’ve had a BAG too but it didn’t feel right. I’m glad I didn’t take it either, the whole department including it’s leadership all got obliterated :huhldup:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Luckily still been getting a lot of calls from recruiters. Definitely thinking about going back to work soon cause every month I can feel shyt getting tighter and tighter in the economy.

Gotta look no further than the last/first week of the month when all my old chicks coming out the woodworks trying to slide back in :francis:
Getting them “hey big head” texts?! :mjlol:

There’s still work for coders, it’s just not in tech per se. Ton of industries need coders so they are getting put in new places in more stable industries to help them instead. That’s the only one good thing about this whole mess.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

vince-carter-its-over.gif

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I have an offer letter still in my inbox from Amazon. Would’ve had a BAG too but it didn’t feel right. I’m glad I didn’t take it either, the whole department including it’s leadership all got obliterated :huhldup:
yup this was a special projects division aka first to go when shyt gets real

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Made it to round 3 of their interview process with them too last year for a Solutions Architect role before I got ghosted. Already had a better offer in hand so I really didn't care.

still... involuntarily dodged that bullet :whew:

Daps
not tech but finally got word we're going to have to lay a couple people on my team off.

sucks. I've only ever had to let someone go for cause before, the motherfukkers actually making these decisions should have to tell people.

:francis:

I didn't even know you was a tech breh, I thought you were a rapper :ohhh: