Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh it’s fukkin ridiculous and fukk Okta. Our company has so much fukkin glut it’s unreal, we got salesforce, klari, airtable, and workday, but our Director still does forecasting in google sheets.

This is a 500 company :snoop: I don’t know how it is for you other tech brehs but from I’ve seen in tech so far is that operational excellence is nonexistent.
They buy all this crap because someone needs it for their performance review as a successful project implementation. While if it doesn't work worth a damn someone else gains job security dealing with all the platform issues. It's all about job security with most technology purchases.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh it’s fukkin ridiculous and fukk Okta. Our company has so much fukkin glut it’s unreal, we got salesforce, klari, airtable, and workday, but our Director still does forecasting in google sheets.

This is a 500 company :snoop: I don’t know how it is for you other tech brehs but from I’ve seen in tech so far is that operational excellence is nonexistent.
Same. So much repetitive systems, overlaps, and wasted effort. We got Okta and then google Authenticator and then also sales force Authenticator.

We got this process where our client use one system which duplicates data to our system which then duplicates data to salesforce which then is used to fill in data to excel which is then used for multiple teams to create a buy in another system which is then fed back into salesforce and tableau which is then used back to the original client system for billing. What ends up happening is that people become too administrative in filling out stuff and process whereas the time can be used for strategy or optimizations.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
They buy all this crap because someone needs it for their performance review as a successful project implementation. While if it doesn't work worth a damn someone else gains job security dealing with all the platform issues. It's all about job security with most technology purchases.
The whole move to cloud is a farce. In theory it makes sense but there’s no need for most places to make that move.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Same. So much repetitive systems, overlaps, and wasted effort. We got Okta and then google Authenticator and then also sales force Authenticator.

We got this process where our client use one system which duplicates data to our system which then duplicates data to salesforce which then is used to fill in data to excel which is then used for multiple teams to create a buy in another system which is then fed back into salesforce and tableau which is then used back to the original client system for billing. What ends up happening is that people become too administrative in filling out stuff and process whereas the time can be used for strategy or optimizations.
I hate this shyt, we went from getting text codes from okta or we had the option to receive a phone call and press one button then our computer was cool for a full 24 hours.

Now everytime I restart or get kicked off the vpn.

So now it’s everytime I get kicked off the vpn, I have to sign in through okta but receive a passcode while on the phone . :manny:

Last edited:

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
I got a bad feeling that I may be on the chopping block brehs :lupe:

The word is already out that it’s happening at my company. Earlier today one of the folks in upper management scheduled a meeting with me later this week…it MAY just be a regular quarterly check-up but I got a bad feeling. It’s rare that I’m face to face with this manager so I’m expecting the worst

I’m safe, just another meeting :whew:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I’m safe, just another meeting :whew:
That’s was me 2 months ago. Meeting on my calendar was prompt and looked out of place.

Found out a several directors throughout the organization got let go.

I think there’s a few others went quietly as well, because they haven’t been responding to emails :patrice:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

When I see Amazon start listing jobs again, I'll know the bloodbath is complete :mjlol: . I haven't seen anything from them in what feels like a year.