Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My bro just got laid off. shyt crazy, how you making acquisitions at the same time as layoffs?
The company that laid me off still turned an amazing profit. It wasn’t as good as the profit from previous years though, which is why the stock went down and they are doing layoffs. But make no mistake, this company and many others doing layoffs are still wildly profitable. So they have plenty of money for “metaverses,” and acquisitions.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Recently got a job as a business analyst, and this trend got me a bit scared. I feel this role is going to become redundant very soon.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The company that laid me off still turned an amazing profit. It wasn’t as good as the profit from previous years though, which is why the stock went down and they are doing layoffs. But make no mistake, this company and many others doing layoffs are still wildly profitable. So they have plenty of money for “metaverses,” and acquisitions.
People going to learn when companies cut its not because there are running out of money most of the time. It's just making sure shareholders profit doesn't dip.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
UPDATE:

My job laid off its entire Tech Dept a few months ago and its been a disaster. Its gotten worse since i first posted in this thread.The basics dont work, equipment dont work, printers dont print (not connected to the network type shyt), stuff that a person with a A+ cert could do. You still gotta call India to listen to Perdeep talk down to you in his broken ass English. All to save a few bucks

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UPDATE:

My job laid off its entire Tech Dept a few months ago and its been a disaster. Its gotten worse since i first posted in this thread.The basics dont work, equipment dont work, printers dont print (not connected to the network type shyt), stuff that a person with a A+ cert could do. You still gotta call India to listen to Perdeep talk down to you in his broken ass English. All to save a few bucks
Happened to me at chase in 2016. They are so greedy to save any dime off their workers they do shyt like that then only to turn around to find people to replace at a higher wage anyway

jaydolf spitler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
My bro just got laid off. shyt crazy, how you making acquisitions at the same time as layoffs?

People going to learn when companies cut its not because there are running out of money most of the time. It's just making sure shareholders profit doesn't dip.

I think companies looking to get bought out do acquisitions too. My old company bought an advertising company out of Atlanta, kept rolling out half baked new features all seemingly to seem more attractive to investors and they eventually got bought by constant contact. I could just feel they were fishing for a buyout the whole time I was there l. Got out right before.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation