Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Welp, I got laid off today. You can guess which company I worked for. I'm in user experience. One of my bosses and half my team got laid off. I'm actually fine with it. 16 weeks severance, 6 months of health insurance, and I get to finally get out of ads. I really want to get into the health/medical field and do work that actually helps people, where the main goal of the company isn't to figure out a way to get people to click more ads.

jaydolf spitler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
Welp, I got laid off today. You can guess which company I worked for. I'm in user experience. One of my bosses and half my team got laid off. I'm actually fine with it. 16 weeks severance, 6 months of health insurance, and I get to finally get out of ads. I really want to get into the health/medical field and do work that actually helps people, where the main goal of the company isn't to figure out a way to get people to click more ads.
Damn breh, keep ya head up and bounce right back. 16 months severance?? Jeez. I got 1 month :dead:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Damn hope you land on your feet. I just want to say even health care isn’t safe right now, but the work can be meaningful. But there’s still mad politics here.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
That package is nice :wow:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Read a good piece in the NY Times a few months back, that partially this culling of employees is to bring back some norms

-in office work

-job expectations

-reset the imbalance in labor demands

and also that each company is going to follow the next, and up the ante, to make the stock price competitive. and to link that to a more economics based piece I read about recessions in 2022, that they are like hurricaine, in that each system follows the next, and things don't really have to true, as long as people believe they are true and act accordingly.

Like other countries raising their interest rates, because they see the US doing it, and so on. Companies doing layoffs to to follow the next, which creates the system that quickly can get out of control.

Layoff equal more unemployment, which equals less consumer confidence in spending, and home purchases, car leases, car sales, people who are not directly affected see it as a sign, of worsening economic headwinds, and pull back their own spending

so, overall, we have at least 60,000 people out of work in these companies, concentrated in urban coastal cities, mostly, that's not insignificant.

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps

Stay up bruh....I know some in HR from your company...she was talking about how stressful yesterday was

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
At least you'll be able to get out of shyt hole Texas. Lots of pharma and healthcare in the northeast, especially NJ, NY and PA.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
One of my colleagues in India is basically online 24/7. Meetings at 8am, 11am, and 3pm EST? He's in there. Something happens at 6pm EST that needs to be resolved? By the time I get back online he's already fixed it. 2am EST page goes off? He's taking care of it immediately. My man Kumar is either a robot or there's three of them doing this one job.
:jbhmm: Sounds eerily similar to………