Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Only politician on there as usual: Andrew Yang.

These old foggies need to start getting involved and taking action.
Just checked the names on that link, not a single person on Congress or elected representative.

That said, I know plenty of people are simply trying to stall because they know ChatGPT can basically leave their company in the dirt.

Last edited:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Only politician on there as usual: Andrew Yang.

These old foggies need to start getting involved and taking action.
Just checked the names on that link, not a single person on Congress or elected representative.

That said, I know plenty of people are simply trying to stall because they know ChatGPT can basically leave their company in the dirt.

They only want it paused so their companies can catch up and compete.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
@IIVI

@bnew

@Scustin Bieburr

Are there any books you recommend on learning as much as possible on Artificial intelligence? You are all way more intelligent than me and Im way behind on Artificial intelligence.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
@IIVI

@bnew

@Scustin Bieburr

Are there any books you recommend on learning as much as possible on Artificial intelligence? You are all way more intelligent than me and Im way behind on Artificial intelligence.

I don't have any book recommendations but I did ask google bard to make a prime on A.I.

I asked google bard for a primer to A.I discussions.

Here are 100-200 AI terms and phrases and their meaning in the simplest terms:

* LLM: Large Language Model. A type of AI model that is trained on a massive amount of text data. It can be used to generate text, translate languages, write different kinds of creative content, and answer your questions in an informative way.
* Model: A representation of a system or process. In the context of AI, a model is a mathematical or computational representation of a system or process that is used to understand and predict its behavior.
* Transformer: A type of AI model that is used for natural language processing tasks such as machine translation and text summarization. It is based on the attention mechanism, which allows it to learn long-range dependencies in sequences.
* Multi-modal: Describing or involving multiple modes of communication. In the context of AI, multi-modal systems are able to process and understand multiple types of data, such as text, images, and audio.

Other common AI terms and phrases include:

* Artificial intelligence (AI): The ability of a computer or machine to mimic the capabilities of a human brain, such as learning and problem solving.

* Big data: Data that is so large or complex that it is difficult to process using traditional methods.

* Deep learning: A type of machine learning that uses artificial neural networks to learn from data.

* Machine learning: A field of computer science that gives computers the ability to learn without being explicitly programmed.

* Natural language processing (NLP): The field of computer science that deals with the interaction between computers and human (natural) languages.

* Robotics: The field of engineering that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots.

* Vision processing: The field of computer science that deals with the extraction of meaningful information from digital images or videos.

These are just a few of the many terms and phrases that are used in discussions about AI. As the field of AI continues to grow, new terms and phrases will continue to emerge.

>

Here are some more AI terms and phrases:

• Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)
AGI is a hypothetical type of artificial intelligence that would have the ability to perform any intellectual task that a human being can.

• Chatbot
A chatbot is a computer program that can simulate conversation with humans. Chatbots are often used in customer service applications, where they can answer questions and provide support to customers.

• DeepFake
A deepfake is a video or audio recording that has been manipulated using artificial intelligence to make it appear as if someone is saying or doing something they never actually said or did.

• Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
EQ is the ability to understand and manage one's own emotions and the emotions of others. EQ is important for success in many areas of life, including relationships, work, and education.

• Federated Learning
Federated learning is a type of machine learning that allows multiple devices to collaboratively train a model without sharing their data with each other.

• Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs)
GANs are a type of machine learning algorithm that can be used to generate realistic images, videos, and audio.

• Hyperparameter Optimization
Hyperparameter optimization is the process of finding the best settings for a machine learning model.

• Machine Learning Operations (MLOps)
MLOps is a set of practices that automate the process of building, deploying, and monitoring machine learning models.

• Natural Language Processing (NLP)
NLP is the field of computer science that deals with the interaction between computers and human (natural) languages.

• Reinforcement Learning
Reinforcement learning is a type of machine learning that allows an agent to learn how to behave in an environment by trial and error.

• Robotics
Robotics is the field of engineering that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots.

• Self-Driving Car
A self-driving car is a vehicle that can drive itself without human input.

• TensorFlow
TensorFlow is an open-source software library for numerical computation using data flow graphs.

• Transfer Learning
Transfer learning is a type of machine learning that allows a model trained on one task to be used on a different task.

• Unsupervised Learning
Unsupervised learning is a type of machine learning that does not require labeled data.

• Virtual Assistant
A virtual assistant is a computer program that can help users with tasks such as scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements, and providing customer service.

• Zero-Shot Learning
Zero-shot learning is a type of machine learning that allows a model to learn to classify new objects without any training data.

Sure, here are some more AI terms and phrases:
  • AI Assistant
AI assistants are a type of virtual assistant that uses artificial intelligence to help users with tasks such as scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements, and providing customer service.
  • AI Chatbot
AI chatbots are a type of chatbot that uses artificial intelligence to simulate conversation with humans. Chatbots are often used in customer service applications, where they can answer questions and provide support to customers.
  • AI Data Scientist
AI data scientists are professionals who use artificial intelligence to extract insights from data. They use a variety of techniques, including machine learning, natural language processing, and computer vision, to identify patterns and trends in data.
  • AI Engineer
AI engineers are professionals who design, develop, and maintain artificial intelligence systems. They use a variety of technologies, including machine learning, natural language processing, and computer vision, to create systems that can solve complex problems.
  • AI Ethics
AI ethics is the study of the ethical implications of artificial intelligence. This field explores the social, legal, and philosophical implications of artificial intelligence, and seeks to develop guidelines for the responsible development and use of AI.
  • AI Governance
AI governance is the process of developing and implementing policies and regulations that govern the development and use of artificial intelligence. This field seeks to ensure that artificial intelligence is developed and used in a responsible and ethical manner.
  • AI Risk
AI risk is the potential for artificial intelligence to cause harm. This field explores the potential risks of artificial intelligence, such as the risk of job displacement, the risk of autonomous weapons, and the risk of mass surveillance.
  • AI Safety
AI safety is the field of research that seeks to develop methods to ensure that artificial intelligence is developed and used in a safe and responsible manner. This field seeks to prevent artificial intelligence from causing harm to humans or the environment.
  • AI Value
AI value is the potential of artificial intelligence to benefit humanity. This field explores the potential benefits of artificial intelligence, such as the potential to improve healthcare, the potential to improve education, and the potential to improve the environment.
thumb_upthumb_downrefreshGoogle it
more_vert

What Is ChatGPT Doing … and Why Does It Work?​

February 14, 2023

FYI: it's a long read.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
@IIVI

@bnew

@Scustin Bieburr

I'll be honest I haven't read anything regarding specifics about A.I, I did read the part of this one awhile back which apparently is a classic:

I don't remember much from my school's A.I course except the real implementation details of A.I required a good amount of stats and discrete math (if I remember correctly), which I don't think anyone really needs to get a solid grasp of if you're not going to actually build one or work in the field. It's funny I went into CS as a major, but wasn't all that into A.I. at the time so I really passed that class to pass that class as a one off (didn't pay more attention because it wasn't a prerequisite to another course).

That said, what may be one of the best things to do are look at the key algorithms many A.I's were built with and try to gain an intuitive understanding of those. Many of these systems don't only have an algorithm or two, they're usually an aggregation of multiple algorithms where they'll usually use something like the KNN algo for supervised sentiment analysis (data training), K-Means for clustering (unsupervised), etc. Some of these may need the formal math to understand deeply, but I'm sure there are some good youtube videos out there as well.

Edit. Seems like a good resource: Top 10 Machine Learning Algorithms You Need to Know in 2023 | Simplilearn

Last edited:

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I'll be honest I haven't read anything regarding specifics about A.I, I did read the part of this one awhile back which apparently is a classic:

I don't remember much from my school's A.I course except the real implementation details of A.I required a good amount of stats and discrete math (if I remember correctly), which I don't think anyone really needs to get a solid grasp of if you're not going to actually build one or work in the field. It's funny I went into CS as a major, but wasn't all that into A.I. at the time so I really passed that class to pass that class as a one off (didn't pay more attention because it wasn't a prerequisite to another course).

That said, what may be one of the best things to do are look at the key algorithms many A.I's were built with and try to gain an intuitive understanding of those. Many of these systems don't only have an algorithm or two, they're usually an aggregation of multiple algorithms where they'll usually use something like the KNN algo for supervised sentiment analysis (data training), K-Means for clustering (unsupervised), etc. Some of these may need the formal math to understand deeply, but I'm sure there are some good youtube videos out there as well.

Edit. Seems like a good resource: Top 10 Machine Learning Algorithms You Need to Know in 2023 | Simplilearn

I'll just add reinforcement learning to this list too. It utilizes neural networks but it's really the sauce behind a lot of the coolest AI shyt such as self driving cars, GPT (in addition to it's natural language processing), etc

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I would rather have the safety in a check knowing I can keep a roof over my family and my children well fed. Dude obv doesn’t have any risks he has to factor in.
All them techies who preferred a check at Google lost all that safety 2 months ago. There's risk in everything