Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Do you actually understand what you read? Like, in your own words explain what you got out of that post. I mean, you can’t be this dense. Unless you under the age of 25? 30?
I read that you have a woefully shallow sense of self worth :francis: Do better brother …it’s ok to get help

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Yup. You’re a moron. Next time a topic or post is too difficult for you to grasp, just stfu. Don’t make an idiot out of yourself.
I feel sorry for you brother …hopefully you get the help you deserve for you and your families sake

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
You might need some therapy bruh ….losing a job shouldn’t cause this kind of angst when it comes to communicating with your significant other
I think you missed the point.

He’s not saying you shouldn’t communicate with your spouse he’s saying that some prideful and very masculine men, who’s identity resides in providing, being in control MAY struggle with coming to terms regarding telling their significant other that they got laid off.

I’ve gone through something similar, as well as seen some family members do the same.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I think you missed the point.

He’s not saying you shouldn’t communicate with your spouse he’s saying that some prideful and very masculine men, who’s identity resides in providing, being in control MAY struggle with coming to terms regarding telling their significant other that they got laid off.
Reading this post I think it’s apparent who “missed the point” :francis: try again brother
I’ve gone through something similar with an ex, as well as seen some family members do the same.
That’s sad to read

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Reading this post I think it’s apparent who “missed the point” :francis: try again brother

That’s sad to read
I be forgetting you're a troll and there's a reason why you're in the red.

I’m watching the video of ol boy and his girl discussing the possibility of him being laid off from Amazon. I hate to say it but that is a very emasculating position for anyman to be in. I can’t even put it into words. Part of being a man is never ever allowing the woman in your life to see you in a begging position. In a hopeless, “oh my god is it gonna happen to us too” type of daze. Never. Some men continue to leave the house as if they’re going to work. Because the shame of telling their significant other that they lost their job is too much to bear.

I could be harsher in how I convey this message but I think y’all get the point. Those of you who are laid off, when you do get a job, you would be doing yourself a great disservice if you don’t start living conservatively from then on.
It's clearly implied what he's saying, if you can read in between the lines.

And you can call it "sad" but different people process emotions and cope differently.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I be forgetting you're a troll and there's a reason why you're in the red.
So why respond to a troll …are you that deprived of attention :mjlol: Again you mentally unhinged posters tell on yourself every time…sad

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I heard there’s 6 rounds of coding challenges for FAANG :heh:

Industry standard is 3 rounds with one of those being a coding challenge.
Kissing ass.
I hope the existence of this thread serves as a reminder to many, that life is no joke. Your livelihood can be threatened if you rely solely on someone else to provide a job for you.

Try everything you can to remove yourself from this rat race. Or at least reduce your dependence on a 9-5 job to the point where the possibility of a layoff ignites excitement instead of dread. A layoff should mean you get to vacation for a while. No big deal. You’ve got other income.

I’m watching the video of ol boy and his girl discussing the possibility of him being laid off from Amazon. I hate to say it but that is a very emasculating position for anyman to be in. I can’t even put it into words. Part of being a man is never ever allowing the woman in your life to see you in a begging position. In a hopeless, “oh my god is it gonna happen to us too” type of daze. Never. Some men continue to leave the house as if they’re going to work. Because the shame of telling their significant other that they lost their job is too much to bear.

I could be harsher in how I convey this message but I think y’all get the point. Those of you who are laid off, when you do get a job, you would be doing yourself a great disservice if you don’t start living conservatively from then on.
The bold is the norm I think for most guys but my mindset is so opposite. That's a trick and square's mentality IMO. To me, I'm more than my job to a woman. If that was me I be like look bae get ready to eat Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches for a min. And if she wants to leave then she can, save money that way, nig. People come and go. Jobs come and go. Not getting attached and making something your whole identity or point of confidence will save you a lot of headaches imo.

I've seen nikkas who aint even have a job growing up be viewed as hyper masculine to some people. Something as simple as posing certain ways or talking certains ways but I'm supposed to feel emasculated because of Amazon. nikka please.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
nikka really feels emasculated for no longer being able to click and drag shyt around in AWS and type shyt into a CLI interface. SMH that's what you rooted your manhood in my guy? As man you have more to offer than just a check from your job breh. You still have value that's why you were hired in the first place. You give the job value not the other way around at least that how I feel. That square/trick mentality is not for me.

@CouldntBeMeTho :hubie:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
nikka really feels emasculated for no longer being able to click and drag shyt around in AWS and type shyt into a CLI interface. SMH that's what you rooted your manhood in my guy? As man you have more to offer than just a check from your job breh. You still have value that's why you were hired in the first place. You give the job value not the other way around at least that how I feel. That square/trick mentality is not for me.

@CouldntBeMeTho :hubie:
:ehh:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
The only people who should fear AI taking jobs are entry level and junior positions. And I wouldn’t expect much change before 3 years.

I’m lucky enough to have see the future of integration within the developer and security space and a lot of it is billed as an assistant rather than a replacement…for now.

The type of work I do is impossible technically (for now) and legally impossible for AI to do, but I definitely see only senior l, principle and management developer roles being enhanced by AI developments.

You’ll see some of it soon. But looks good.

Really wish people would stop with these stupid YouTube videos though.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
I hope the existence of this thread serves as a reminder to many, that life is no joke. Your livelihood can be threatened if you rely solely on someone else to provide a job for you.

Try everything you can to remove yourself from this rat race. Or at least reduce your dependence on a 9-5 job to the point where the possibility of a layoff ignites excitement instead of dread. A layoff should mean you get to vacation for a while. No big deal. You’ve got other income.

Yeah yeah:comeon: So try doing it in real life, or if you do help others.

No matter what you do, you’re always in a rat race to make money. Add kids and wife and other family and your whole blubber about side hustle this and side hustle that turns in vapourware

Last edited:

papa pimp

All Star
Daps

labor market still tight

Last edited: