Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Spence

Superstar
Daps
:childplease:

I had 2 final interviews last year (3 rounds of interviews for each job) and after reaching out to the recruiter for an update, I never heard back.

I eventually received an automated rejection email 2 months later when I already moved on and forgot about it, and the second one I never heard back, not even a rejection email.

Then I had another horrible experience with another recruiter. He contacted me on 3 different occasions within 6 months for 3 different roles with the same company that I applied for. Every time he would reach out to me for my availability to interview, he then would ghost me every time I provide him with my availability (I was available at all times). He pissed me off so much I wanted to report him so bad but had no idea how.

Anyways, so far I had more negative experiences with recruiters than positive ones.
If you went to final you dealt with a bad recruiter. If it’s an initial screen and you don’t hear back it’s because we have to talk to something close to 20-30 people per role….times 20 roles you can see how that adds up to a lot of fkn people. If they don’t have a good automated ATS then like you said, the recruiter has to manually close the req and send out rejection emails one by one which takes…..months, even after the hire has been made and starts.

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
:childplease:

I had 2 final interviews last year (3 rounds of interviews for each job) and after reaching out to the recruiter for an update, I never heard back.

I eventually received an automated rejection email 2 months later when I already moved on and forgot about it, and the second one I never heard back, not even a rejection email.

Then I had another horrible experience with another recruiter. He contacted me on 3 different occasions within 6 months for 3 different roles with the same company that I applied for. Every time he would reach out to me for my availability to interview, he then would ghost me every time I provide him with my availability (I was available at all times). He pissed me off so much I wanted to report him so bad but had no idea how.

Anyways, so far I had more negative experiences with recruiters than positive ones.
One of my bytches a recruiter she was making 180k at aws as a contractor that ended and jumped to robinhood for same salary..after that contract ended recently she now getting low balled for 50 an hour positions some even lower and from what I’m hearing this the norm..maybe it’s karma

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
That ramp up time is true. All the interconnected systems and processes you gotta learn just to do your job takes a few weeks if not months to soak up before you can start working efficiently without asking who, what, where, and how for every task.

I know for me, I joined Twitter in August 2021 and was flying by early November. Some folks NEVER get it and they are eventually managed out if all attempts to salvage them fail.

Also, being in Talent Acquisition in 2021 was just :ohlawd: , everyone was getting the bag. Now we're seeing the reverse

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Have access to compensation data…wayyyy too many people in one of my orgs who earn at least $150k/year that really don’t do shyt or provide actual value in my opinion. I’m pretty involved across and know which roles bring value, can be consolidated, etc…
The game is nasty

Just curious, what makes you qualified to determine who is and isnt valuable to a company?
You sit in HR?

voiture

Superstar
Daps
Just curious, what makes you qualified to determine who is and isnt valuable to a company?
You sit in HR?
the pandemic exposed a lot of managers for being dead weight. I believe the analytics from these companies pre and post pandemic is heavily factoring into the layoffs. Lots of managers running around unnecessary micromanaging

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
the pandemic exposed a lot of managers for being dead weight. I believe the analytics from these companies pre and post pandemic is heavily factoring into the layoffs. Lots of managers running around unnecessary micromanaging
It sounds cliche, so I need "exposed for being dead weight" to be better defined.

They dont have any remit or responsibilities?
What were they hired for? And did that change suddenly in 2022 or were they always just doing nothing?

voiture

Superstar
Daps
It sounds cliche, so I need "exposed for being dead weight" to be better defined.

They dont have any remit or responsibilities?
What were they hired for? And did that change suddenly in 2022 or were they always just doing nothing?
It's not by accident that after pandemic they are laying people off in significant numbers. The job still got done without the micromanagers